British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my SW tank there are yellow spike strands waving, they are almost microscopic or just tiny. tons of them are attached on the glass of my tank, what is it?

It's kind hard to take a picture of it. I scraped it with a magnet cleaner and it's intact securely. I tried it with my hand and it kinda stung me and it feels like spikes. tried to look for information, but can't find information if I don't know what i'm searching for.

75 gallon tank decor / subtrate:
liverocks
and livesand

Livestock:
foxface
hawkfish
damsel about 5 or 6
cowfish
star and stripes puffer
2 clowns
an urchin
hermits and magrite snails

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think you need some corals in there it's barren. give the damsels away get corals and more rock to build up a bit for corals to sit nice and high in the tank so your T5 fixture will provide enough light for some SPS- monti's and a stag will do well under T5's. LPS are good to go also.. If you have enough T5's over your tank you can have just about any coral, brains included.

Bill

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you need some corals in there it's barren. give the damsels away get corals and more rock to build up a bit for corals to sit nice and high in the tank so your T5 fixture will provide enough light for some SPS- monti's and a stag will do well under T5's. LPS are good to go also.. If you have enough T5's over your tank you can have just about any coral, brains included.

Bill
Seems like the lighting I got is pretty awesome. I gotta rearrange. :D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Nice start Jay. Lots of caves for the fish to swim around.
Not sure how well the Fluval canister will hold up top the SW. Sump and refugium definitely the way to go. I wish my 80g and 105g SW tanks were drilled for overflow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts