British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the the rarest of the arowana species, the Spotted Australian Arowana (Scleropages leichardti). Waited 6 years and finally able to have it. It's about 13"+. May not be as beautiful as the Asian arowana but for a collector such as myself, looking for one is a lot harder than looking for a black arowana.

Finally able to complete my aro species collection with ease now.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wow, that's a cool fish to have!

It's got a more salmonoid head than most aros eh? Very nice.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
very nice aro. glad i was able to help you out with it. big leis are really rare. grow him up nicely.
Thanks dude! I want another one. 1 is too risky if I lost this and hopefully not.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice aro!!!
I was thinking it looked aussie.
You're so damn lucky to have 1 of those.
Lol! Please read first post, "Spotted Australian Arowana (Scleropages leichardti)"

There are two species of Aussie aros. One is S. Jardini aka Pearl Aro which can be seen commonly and it's actually the scond common aro next to the silver aro. The other Aussie species is the S. Leichardti which is the topic.

Thanks BTW hopefully I find another one.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
We have imported a few over the years, they are seasonal out of Australia. I believe it is around November that they are available. They are a rarer find in North America for sure. Nice find!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That would be great to have an Aro thread showing all the different ones you have. Would be cool to see.
Will do soon. Just need to buy a nice camera now.

finally!!!!!! CONGRATES EARL!!!!!!!
Thanks dude!

We have imported a few over the years, they are seasonal out of Australia. I believe it is around November that they are available. They are a rarer find in North America for sure. Nice find!
I actually waited for those when someone told me that Richmond Big Al's (That was big als back then )were going to import Spotted aros. The day of the arrival came and when I saw them they were NOT S. Leichardti but the common S. Jardini.

Thanks BTW! If you're able to import them let me know and I'll get some. Looking for more of this rare aro.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts