British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PJ's pet in Richmond, as I wuz looking for this specific danio that I've never seen anywhere else.., but I knew they had it! So this is what i also found and thought I share!

ID Shark $2.99
Bolivian Ram $5.99
German Blue Ram $9.99
Gar (Yellow tail i believe, and largest at 3" eyeballed) $2.99? (WTF)

Pretty ridiculous pricing I have to say! And as for the GBR, no ick, no dying ones, extremely healthy, just I didn't see it too colorful.. i think it wuz the lighting!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yah i saw the german Blue Rams too yesterday when i was there...they looked very healthy...

·
Registered
217 Posts
They also had Darios, Badis, and Electric Blue Rams. A nice collection and mostly healthy, some tanks had dead fish though (mostly on the right side of their show room). All in all worth taking a look.

Jim

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They just named it GAR! LOL!
And nope, no electric blue ram.. and yes.. tehre's always some old asian man gathering around when they're trying to get me my fish! ODD PEOPLE! LOL!

And btw, the gar really doesn't seem too much like those spotted gar! But hey, thought i let you guys know what's out there! =) I dun buy there too often, but hey, they always have something I can't find anywhere else!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oops.. btw.. they had dyed purple and green parrot cichlids =( not impressed at all!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Darios or danios? or both?
I can vouche for the darios. Picked up two, including a female :) Both healthy and active. I believe they were $3.99.

They just named it GAR! LOL!
And nope, no electric blue ram.. and yes.. tehre's always some old asian man gathering around when they're trying to get me my fish! ODD PEOPLE! LOL!

And btw, the gar really doesn't seem too much like those spotted gar! But hey, thought i let you guys know what's out there! =) I dun buy there too often, but hey, they always have something I can't find anywhere else!
The EBR's were next to the GBR's, perhaps you mistaken them? Then again I went on Sunday, might've been sold out.

Jim

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dario as in Dario Botia?

Mistaken a GBR as a EBR? LOL! I would of jumped on it if they had some cheap EBR! But nope! Nuttin like a EBR! LOL~

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
=) LOL! Since i wuz googling dario, a dario botia showed up! WOOTZ, i found out what type of loach it is in my tank now, a DARIO BOTIA! HAHA!!

So now i typed in dario dario =) it's a red lil fish that looks sorta like a killi! HAHA!~

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yep, Dario Dario's :) A tank full, right next to the badis badis's; should be on the left side of the room in the lowest level of tanks.

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts