British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would you guys pay for an st? any experiences of recent acquisitions?

Whats the smallest you can get at the moment?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I'm not an expert on this but I think there aren't many small one's available as they are no longer allowed to be exported/imported? Thus, you only see large one's for sale.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts

·
Banned
797 Posts
Forum member M_class2g is the man to talk to. He is plugged in North America wide to source any around. They will be large if you find them.

A few months ago, I shipped a few for a forum member to people in Ontario here:

http://www.arowanaclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=2148

ST's are gone from the hobby now. I saw a few for sale in Bangkok, but it is against the law to export. And now with all the damns on the Mekong, the drought along the Mekong, and the pollution in the estuary...well, :(

I used to bring in NTT's sometimes, but lately Pat of Canadian Aquatics has been bringing them in I think.

I have a very good connection for larger quality Indonesian Tigerfish too. They can also get quite large:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
you mean these guys theo!? these are some of them ive brought in over the years. doesnt account for some that died from shipping. they use to be $45 for a 4-5 inch back in 2002. as the years went by, prices just kept going up because of of the lack of supply. just to give you guys an idea, i recently sold 2 sts size 10 and 12 inch for $1500 each. some of the sts i sold now belongs to some of the members on here.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Wouldn't that be an STD? I can see why we would not want to be looking for that.....:D
Common names are Widebar datnoid and Siamese Tigerfish (ST for short, use in many forums). Datnioides Pulcher is the scientific name.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts