Votes: 32 65.3%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 17 34.7%

Star Wars or Star Trek?

6K views 50 replies 31 participants last post by  KVD88 
#1 ·
What is better, Star Wars or Star Trek?

#4 · (Edited)
hahaha..wow..this topic might start a wildfire as bad as the debate between "should the toilet paper in the holder face in or face out?" haha

hmm maybe i should choose one/vote..haha...i would say.. STAR WARS....since i have all the dvds, games and also some lego models from star wars..other than watching star trek..i dun own any items from that franchise.

#8 ·
I don't even think there is a discussion here....I can't see anyone voting for Star Trek. The original Star Trek was cool for its time, and the Next Generation was great, but the rest were flops compared to those 2. Star Wars will be watched for a long long time (in a galaxy far far away).

#11 · (Edited)
#25 ·
Look, you have a better movie collection with Star Wars I'll agree to that, however years of television 100's of episodes and with the new Star Trek movie, come on now. I've spent a lot more of my life watching Star Trek than Star wars. I will say that I had Star wars toys, but i'll take Star Trek

#31 ·
Sorry... I'm a Star Trek fan....

Lets see... I've watched all of next gen, all of voyager, about half of deep space 9, none of enterprise (that doesn't exist anyway.. it was bad fan fiction), and none of the original... so that's about (7 * 26 + 7 * 26+ 7 * 0.5 * 26) = 455 episodes (at 45 mins each its 341 hours.) Plus movies 7 through 11.

I watched all of the star wars movies... (including the 'prequel' , and even lined up for the first one). Haven't watched any of the cartoons though...

So I think I can say that I examined both sides, and am making an impartial decision. I am a Star Trek fan.

The issue I guess is I'm an Engineer... The geek in me appeals to the Star Trek side of things.. with their quantum slip stream drives, photon torpedoes... PLUS there is a book dedicated to explaining the technology behind Star Trek (Amazon.com: The Physics of Star Trek eBook: Lawrence M. Krauss: Kindle Store foreword by Stephen Hawking!!, obviously Stephen Hawking is a Star Trek fan...)

#35 ·
gotta go star trek for me. As another poster mentioned, star wars is pure fantasy. star trek , if this even makes sense, is fiction that is loosely based on what might be possible. I enjoy both, but just find star trek more endearing to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.