Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
regarding this thread...

http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/problems-complaints-suggestions-48/classified-ads-35020/

not really sure why john deemed it necessary to lock the thread but whatever, that's his prerogative. i would like some form of response from administration about the question/concern raised about the topic though. i think if it's possible to implement a "pay as you post" system for perks it shouldn't be that difficult to have required fields when posting, but i'm not a coder so what do i know?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I know nothing about your issue, but I noticed there has been no response (except for a mod) to a few other threads requesting a reply.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
For the record, I was not the one to close that thread. It was closed by someone else, while I was typing my last reply on it. Even when threads have been closed, mods can reply on them. I seen no reason to close it & not sure myself why it was closed. The only prerogative I have here are to keep everyone happy lol I figured if someone closed it there would probably be a thread in the staff forum soon after. My apologies for not doing some follow up after. When I am on, I stay pretty busy moderating ads/threads, checking new members and IP's and such that it slipped my mind. I probably spend more time moderating then the time I get to spend enjoying all the threads lol Anyway, I believe it is possible as a member had sent me a PM telling me it was done on another forum that he is an administrator on. So again ....my apologies for somewhat forgetting about it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, sorry for assuming john, you were the only mod active in the thread so i just figured you had closed it for whatever reason and that someone in administration would either contact me directly or post something publicly about it. there is no need to apologize at all, i understand how busy you are when you're online here. now i am kinda curious as to why the thread was closed though if the party responsible wouldn't mind providing an explanation...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Yung is going to be looking into the feasibility of implementing the plug-in, this may not happen due to compatibility and security concerns, but he's on it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys! i just think that it would not only free up some time for the mods but would also cut down on the frustration level of those who use the classified on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
great suggestion and thanks for looking into it yung. It'd be a good upgrade and i think it'd make a mod's life a bit easier too.

·
Banned
2,196 Posts
I am sorry if this has been discussed...from looking at the link, I take that it is okay to post an item for sale auction style with a minimum starting bid, is that right?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I am sorry if this has been discussed...from looking at the link, I take that it is okay to post an item for sale auction style with a minimum starting bid, is that right?
4)No Low balling or auction style : if someone is selling for 100$ and it's worth around that, dont offer 25$ just because you can.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
No it is not supposed to be auction style.....in that link the op meant $180 obo....originally the ad just said open to offers then he added a price is why it looks that way

·
Banned
2,196 Posts
Thanks John. My bad. :)
I thought $180 was the starting bid and he was taking offers at an amount at or higher than $180.
I just want to make sure I know the rules in case I want to sell something in the future.Thanks for clarifying.:)

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Any Change Request that will require coding will need to go to Yungster's superiors. As of right now we won't be able to implement this coding restructure.

Sorry and thanks, we'll keep this on the back burner for the future as there's multiple advances beyond just seeing required fields.
Closing thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.