British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the 9g Aquastyle I bought off a board member here set up, transferring everything from a 7-8g unfiltered bowl.

I lost a few ember tetras over the past couple of months, after stress from a temperature drop (out of town during a cold snap) stressed them, leading to a mild fungal infection, and then death by betta à la sick caribou picked off by wolves. So minnow down to 2 embers and I'm seriously considering rehousing them in favour of chili rasboras. My concern is whether I'll find the chilis timid and reclusive after having feisty embers for a while. Does anyone have experience with both? If so, would chilis just hide all the time like CPDs?

I'm thinking the following:

1x betta
6x schooling nano fish (embers, chilis, or?)
6x pygmy corydoras
2x horned bumblebee nerites
1x red ramshorn

Does that stocking look alright? Any better suggestions? I already have the betta, snails and 2 embers. The betta will kill and eat amano shrimp, so shrimp are out of the question.

The pictures below were taken less than 48 hours after set up.

·
Registered
515 Posts
what substrate is that?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ADA Amazonia Aquasoil. For this size tank I used 1.5 of the small bags. Aquariums West will sell it bulk if you don't need a full bag and want to save a little money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts