British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay as I had to go to HK. I am back now and am sorry to say that I may once again leave the hobby for good because of someone who likes to badmouth people for no apparent reason.

Before I leave though, I will leave instructions on how I have been able to keep sulawesi shrimps successfully with of course advice from shrimp keepers in HK and other parts of the world =)

This picture is how they looked when I first got them =) all super happy and happy little buggers. I find hornwort is an excellent plant to keep sulawesi with as it will be able to survive in higher pH and hardness.

This is the group taken just before I left for HK, and I hope they don't die after my trip =) The blueness is because I am using 10K lighting =)

Here is the baby I showed on the thread with my CRS crown, flower and heart! It has colored up ! =D

Finally, GROUP SHOT =D just taken today

Please do take advantage of the cardinals at IPU, I believe cardinals are just by far the most prettiest freshwater shrimps out on the market! Although similar looking shrimps in supermarkets do make a tasty dinner :)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are happy and healthy
actually no because these specific ones that I am showing are F12's I have F20's but those are in another tank =) and I actually one time accidentally left 2 shrimps in the previous tank and temperature dropped to 8 degrees celcius and they were STILL fine

·
Registered
592 Posts
actually no because these specific ones that I am showing are F12's I have F20's but those are in another tank =) and I actually one time accidentally left 2 shrimps in the previous tank and temperature dropped to 8 degrees celcius and they were STILL fine
Oh wow, they survived such a low temperature? Would you say that they are hardier than rumours say they are then?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Absolutley, with the right water conditions they can definetly survive a water temperature fluctuation. I will be posting THE most KEY points up on tankspiration lateron this week so please follow us =) Also, I'm currently experiencing a pH fluctuation all of a sudden it just kept rising and now pH is 8.8 and they are still fine and super active picking on everything.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
592 Posts
Cool. I'll be looking forward to the article. Definitely want to try my hand at these guys in the (hopefully near) future.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool. I'll be looking forward to the article. Definitely want to try my hand at these guys in the (hopefully near) future.
=) before BCA was down, I had mentioned about a little "workshop" Probably next week when I have some free time on my hands I will post up a thread inviting people to come over and I'll show my collection and also teach and give pointers to everyone before I decide whether or not to get rid of them all and move on to the next best thing. I have to say one thing. Out of all the shrimps I have kept, these guys are by far my most favorite because I got the chance to investigate in how to keep them. Don't get me wrong I did have fatalities in the beginning but once you know their needs they take over your tank!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
=) before BCA was down, I had mentioned about a little "workshop" Probably next week when I have some free time on my hands I will post up a thread inviting people to come over and I'll show my collection and also teach and give pointers to everyone before I decide whether or not to get rid of them all and move on to the next best thing. I have to say one thing. Out of all the shrimps I have kept, these guys are by far my most favorite because I got the chance to investigate in how to keep them. Don't get me wrong I did have fatalities in the beginning but once you know their needs they take over your tank!
That sounds great! It's fantastic that you are willing to devote that much time to educate others on how to keep these little guys! The ones we received were in a really tight pack so I suspect a big problem with survival is temperature during shipping. Once they adjust I think they are as hardy as many others.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would love to go as well, but if it's going to be next week, it seems I won't be able to make it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Wow you have alot of these shrimp, I would love to stop by and pick your brain on shrimps.....

ps you shouldn't let people talking behind your back get to you, It happens and really unless they're attacking you personally or destroying your reputation to sell stuff, no biggie.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's fantasic!!!....Sign me up for early registration :)
I'll let you know man =) and great to know that your planaria problems are all gone =)

I would love to go as well, but if it's going to be next week, it seems I won't be able to make it.
No worries, I'll personally give you some advice, maybe I can set something up with Grant at IPU =P and all could learn =) but remember I'm still learning too!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow you have alot of these shrimp, I would love to stop by and pick your brain on shrimps.....

ps you shouldn't let people talking behind your back get to you, It happens and really unless they're attacking you personally or destroying your reputation to sell stuff, no biggie.
Thanks tang daddy, but whats discouraging is its a BCA mod, i'm going to see how things goes and I want to solve this problem. Otherwise, this its very sad to see it has come down to talking behind ones back for whatever reason it maybe when I had not even done anything nor said anything.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'd be interested in sitting in your session. I'm just getting into inverts, but this sounds like a great opportunity to gain some knowledge.

I agree with Tang Daddy, don't let someone else's BS spoil the hobby for you. Some people are going to talk smack no matter what you do. Let them, who cares!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd be interested in sitting in your session. I'm just getting into inverts, but this sounds like a great opportunity to gain some knowledge.

I agree with Tang Daddy, don't let someone else's BS spoil the hobby for you. Some people are going to talk smack no matter what you do. Let them, who cares!
I'll let you know =), I will talk to Grant later on this week and maybe I can do it at IPU since I've been getting so much interest, I don't think I can fit everyone in my fishroom lol.

And well, I would like to let it go, but I'd rather have the person say stuff in my face then be a hero and say it when I'm not around. And me finding out that its someone of a higher status, that just downgrades their image but, I want to get to the bottom of this as this is just uncalled for.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The no planaria wiped them out, however there is a film on the surface. Not sure if its residue or Panaria juice. I've done quite a few water changes and skimmed off the top.

As for Smack....that's part of life. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The no planaria wiped them out, however there is a film on the surface. Not sure if its residue or Panaria juice. I've done quite a few water changes and skimmed off the top.

As for Smack....that's part of life. You can't please all of the people all of the time.
If its a powdery film its the No-Planaria residue. If its oily or wet looking, its the dead planaria that has sorta went poof lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts