British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for someone to sump a 6' tank.Let me know if you can do it.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone out there ??????

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daily bump

·
Registered
397 Posts
What exactly are you looking for help with? Plumbing in the sump? Drilling the tank for an overflow to the sump?
Drilling the 6ft tank and plumbing it with the sump.

·
Registered
397 Posts
this tank needs to be plumbed through the bottom in order to hide the wires and plumbing as this will be a show tank. The sump will sit in a cabinet below the 6ft tank hidden from view. The 6ft tank needs to be seen from both sides but not the ends. It will be used to house Tropheus so filtration requirements is very high.

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
actually that sump wont fit the space i have available for the sump is depth of 11.5 inch or less and width 21 inch or less.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes that size would fit perfectly. Any idea how many gallons per hour that could filter. And how would this get plummed?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Just looking quickly at the pumps it suggests and you could filter around 600 gph at 0 head. As for plumbing it, it would depend on how big the inlet pipe is. But you'd run a drain line from the tank to the sump inlet then a return line from the pump to the tank. Would need to make sure the drain line and return are close to the top of your tank's water level so it doesn't back syphon too much water if the pump stops. Shouldn't be too difficult to work out. Some flex pvc would make it easier to plumb.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You seem to know a lot about this stuff. Are you able to help me out with this. I live and work in maple ridge and this would be done for work. I could pay you as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts