British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought these 2 little power heads on Amazon.ca made by Sun Sun rated @ 2000 l/h. Tried one in a 5 gallon bucket and it's got lots of flow and seems quiet, not sure how good the suction cup will hold, it's the same suction cup as on my Nuvi GPS unit and it holds fine, so we'll see how that goes. Their reviews seem pretty good though, $29 for a 2 pack it's worth a try I think. :) Here's a picture of the 2 of them circulating the water/ vinegar in my Fluval Osaka 155l/45g cube tank, suction cups work great and totally quiet too. :cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey.. I am wanting to get some more movement in my sump using K1 media... the chamber is about 17"x17"x12" do you think these powerheads would do the trick?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey.. I am wanting to get some more movement in my sump using K1 media... the chamber is about 17"x17"x12" do you think these powerheads would do the trick?
I think you need more of a powerhead not a wave maker i think the input would get clogged up and stop flow a lot

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The box says wave maker, but it's a power head. It has no controller just a straight plug in with one constant speed. A lot different than say the Jebao wave maker for example that is controlling the pulse of the pump and causing the wave action. these would work just fine for circulation in a display or sump tank IMO.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Laurie are you going saltwater?You can also buy a PowerBar from J and L Aquatics.It is a WaveMaker I had one when I did corals.

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Laurie are you going saltwater?You can also buy a PowerBar from J and L Aquatics.It is a WaveMaker I had one when I did corals.
No I've had my stint with salt water and looking forward to doing a nice planted tank.

·
Registered
24 Posts
its says wavemaker right on the box it the way it make a wide output that makes it a wavemaker check it out but i feel a powerhead would work better for a sump

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
I think rocomo1ca & The Guy are talking about two different things. Perhaps The Guy is referring to using this wavemaker to water movement in the sump and roco is talking about pushing water through a media reactor with a powerhead.

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think rocomo1ca & The Guy are talking about two different things. Perhaps The Guy is referring to using this wavemaker to water movement in the sump and roco is talking about pushing water through a media reactor with a powerhead.
Yup it has great water moving capability.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts