British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Rotkeil Severums that started laying eggs on a regular basis every 3 weeks or so. They would protect the eggs, but after 3 days the eggs would turn white and would be gone the next day. This cycle repeated for 7 or 8 times now and I thought the male might just not be sexually mature yet.
End of last week they went at it again and I didn't think twice once I saw the eggs were gone. However, they still sort of hovered around their rock and defended it. Well, last night I spent some more time watching and suddenly saw about 30 little wigglers swimming around.
I haven't even prepared any food for them as I didn't think they would be successful yet anyway.

So here's the question: what and how should I feed the babies?
Is it too late for them to set up a brine shrimp hatchery? What's the best and most economic way to do?
Any other proven foods?
When, if at all, should I take them out into a separate tank?
Thanks for all hints tips and tricks.

As I know the questions will come, here are the stats:
210g tank
Eheim 2080 and 2075
Temp 79F
2 Rotkeil Severums
4 Bala Sharks
7 Angle Fish
1 common Pleco
1 Bristlenose Pleco

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far they are still alive and well. They are even further out than yesterday. They just about doubled the space they swim in. I crushed some NLS food and squirted it right into their little indentation in the gravel. Can't really tell if they went for it. If they make it another few days I have to look into setting up a grow out tank...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.