British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is a condition called hyperhydrosis. ( I could be wrong on the spelling though)

I'm sure if you google that, it could give you some more info.

Mike

·
Registered
496 Posts
May also be an anxiety thing... when I go through extremely stressful time with work/school my feet sweat!

With hyperhydrosis I believe the symptoms occur all over your body, primarily underarms. It seems odd that hyperhydrosis would remain specific to the hands but I'm sure its possible that there is some sort of condition out there which causes sweaty hands.

Some medications cause out of control sweating. Have you been taking any medications since the symptoms started?

Talk to a doctor for sure.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, no meds. I sweat on my back, hands, feet, and underarms, it's just the most unconfortable on my hands cause I'll shake peoples hands and they'll be all like eww your hands are sweaty!

·
Registered
807 Posts
You could get botox shot to stop the sweating, but you'll just endup sweating somewhere else.
This is what they originally use botox for cosmetically.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a friend back in school with this condition, caused her a lot of grief.

Here's a link with some reasonable background information:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-causes-sweaty-palms.htm

There's all kinds of quack-cures being advertised out there, so be careful following any of them. I would say, see your doctor, and they can advise on real treatments that actually help and aren't scams.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts