British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im thinking of building a tank into a wall of cabinetry in my office. What people recommend on a Med size tank/setup - Want to hide it in the cabinets but be able to work on it decently....Im thinking 33G(nothing to big) lol Lighting/filtration ideas ?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
A tank of shell dwellers, with petricolas, and some other random fish. If you don't mind straying from just Africans, maybe add some zebra danios or livebearers. The shellies are fun to watch as they defend their territory, raise fry, move sand about, etc.

Also, I have found the hard water keeps the tank stable and easy to care for, which is a bonus in a work environment. If you have the space, a canister filter is the way to go. For shellies, use a 40g breeder if you have the shelf depth. Same length as a 33, but better design possibilities.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I love the Synodontis Petricolas - that would fit in with what TomC recommended. Get lots of rock, some driftwood, moss and long leafy plants. That would require less maintenance.

I like the look of a slightly heavier planted tank with some variety of plants, mixed green and red plants with schooling fish. Harlequins and rummynose would be a lot of fun to watch and it would look really pretty. But a lot more work :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
A shrimp tank. If it is red cherry shrimps, you probably only need to do wc once a month once tank is on track. (Crystal shrimp will require weekly wc.) You also don't need to feed them daily as shrimp will eat algae. You also can sell shrimps since they can breed like rabbit. =P

1 - 4 of 4 Posts