British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5" oscar in a 65 gal and would like to put a 3" green terror in with him. I dont think it would be a problem but perhaps someone here might know of issues with this arrangement? The oscar is very calm. Also can a clown loach live with them? Thanks, Betty

·
Registered
348 Posts
I agree, if the fish you want to put with the oscar will fit in its mouth then it's probably not a good choice. The oscar I had shared his 90g with 1 convict and 3 jewels and he was the boss of the tank.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I have an oscar... it's been awhile.. he was in my 60 gallon long ago! Lived with a green terror for over a year.. one was 8" and the other was rougly 6"?
He snapped one day and ate him.. but he never ate the feeders I bought him.. wouldn't even hurt a guppy!
Gave it a few months and tried it with a severum rougly the same size.. perfectly fine.. still didn't wanna hurt a feeder goldfish.. came home one day.. found the tail of the severum sticking out of his mouth..!
And right now he resides with his new bestfriend a 2" convict... it's been 3 months... still nothing happening... but I'm guessing it's a matter of time!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have an oscar... it's been awhile.. he was in my 60 gallon long ago! Lived with a green terror for over a year.. one was 8" and the other was rougly 6"?
He snapped one day and ate him.. but he never ate the feeders I bought him.. wouldn't even hurt a guppy!
Gave it a few months and tried it with a severum rougly the same size.. perfectly fine.. still didn't wanna hurt a feeder goldfish.. came home one day.. found the tail of the severum sticking out of his mouth..!
And right now he resides with his new bestfriend a 2" convict... it's been 3 months... still nothing happening... but I'm guessing it's a matter of time!
I have never seen an oscar bag a convict and have see many try. Maybe when they are still very young and small.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
i have a 8" O with a 4" or 5" green terror, clown loaches and alot of other fish. i have had good luck with most of the oscars i have kept. i have only had one that would absolutely would not let me put anything else in the tank with it and the already established tankmates. i put a 4" TSN in and thought it would be fine and as soon as it hit the water it was in its mouth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.