British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

For those who are new here, those of us behind tankspiration.com are all active posters here on BC Aquaria. We LOVE this site. We thought it would be great to have a resource where we could track the progress of a few particular tanks and learn in the process. We also wanted to have a fixed place for articles in blog form.

Lisa (ibenu), Frank (jiang604), and I plan to each setup and scape a tank or two and blog about it. The difference with this blog is that we're going to update DAILY!

Once our tanks look the way we want them to, we're going to tear them down and start again. Of course, if we blogged about our plants growth on a daily basis, you'd all get bored to tears, so instead, we're going to have articles some days, feature some really cool tanks that we find on the web (that we're calling tankspiration), and talk through some DIY projects that we find interesting.

If you want to suggest an article for one of us to research to talk about, let us know! Similarly, if you want to suggest a tank to be featured as tankspiration, send it my way

Anyway, the url is www.tankspiration.com. We're still pretty new and are growing so please be patient with us. Any feedback will be taken to heart and we hope to be a lasting resource for planted tank enthusiasts on the web. Hopefully this will encourage others to get into this awesome hobby.

Have an awesome day!

Alym
www.tankspiration.com

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
toolman here =) Alym gave me that name -_-

but yes lol, every week there will be a new product which either me Alym, or Lisa has tested and we will give it our seal of approval if its a good product =) join us on facebook as we will soon have a draw for prizes =)

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
About time you finally registered, Alym.

Welcome back.

Stuart

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today's post features the final shots of my 46 gallon tank, before the new scape. Hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks , and wish you well with your site guys.Its been interesting reading all the articles and the various experiences on certain topics.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're very welcome Luke! We're doing our best to keep the site updated and interesting. We are always looking for cool and interesting post ideas!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your site is a great idea, and it's a really good read- really helpful. Question though, maybe I'm just a little slow, but are there tank specs anywhere on that site for your 46?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hadn't posted specs yet, but will do so in my next post on the site. I linked to an AWESOME article today about pressurized CO2. I didn't have permission to repost some of it, but at least I can link to it!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Wow, that is one detailed article. Definitely will be helpful when I decide to take the plunge into CO2.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
OK, I have started posting my sulawesi tank setup =) please visit us at tankspiration.com

·
Registered
636 Posts
Great article from Lapointe on methods and equipment for C02 delivery. :D

Can I suggest an article as one of your avid readers? A follow up on that article giving a basic outline on how to calculate C02 umm.. dosing... err diffusing **edit (injection)** maybe I guess is the term..? For example: amounts of yeast, sugar, soda mixture for a 10 gallon and over what period of time etc..? Likewise for bubble rates with pressurized users. And to tie it all in or even to start it all off, the math behind Watts Per Gallon and the algae danger zones!

Oh and hows about a ferts topic after that?

Hehe :), sorry for the Xmas wish list there...

I guess the only thing I didn't ask for was a shout out to your biggest fan- martialid10t! :D

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Great article from Frank on methods and equipment for C02 delivery. Maybe I shouldn't give him all the credit but it sounded like him through the better part of that article. :D

Can I suggest an article as one of your avid readers? A follow up to Frank's previous article giving a basic outline on how to calculate C02 umm.. dosing... err diffusing maybe I guess is the term..? For example: amounts of yeast, sugar, soda mixture for a 10 gallon and over what period of time etc..? Likewise for bubble rates with pressurized users. And to tie it all in or even to start it all off, the math behind Watts Per Gallon and the algae danger zones!

Oh and hows about a ferts topic after that?

Hehe :), sorry for the Xmas wish list there...

I guess the only thing I didn't ask for was a shout out to your biggest fan- martialid10t! :D
lol as much as I'd like to take the credit that article wasn't mine it was posted by Lisa =)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts