British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a fun way to share my journey. I have a lot of plans for the future in the hobby. I'm currently setting up a fish room, my first two discus I bought almost 2 years ago have paired and layed eggs, and I also love aquascaping. Im not the best at either of these things but I'm sharing my journey in the hopes of getting input and suggestions. I will post pictures soon!

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Nice discus and good tank for them.did you get them from Rick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought from variety of places. Ill will be getting some from rick when the next grow out contest starts though=)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of you may have already seen this but I thought I'd add it into my journal.

This is a timelapse of me aquascaping.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its been a long time since ive updated my youtube channel. Heres 1 of me unboxing my dicus fish from rick at canadian aqua farm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
cool vids! your commentary really improves the videos. what size is your tank and you are running 2 bubbles a second of co2?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool vids! your commentary really improves the videos. what size is your tank and you are running 2 bubbles a second of co2?
This is a low tech tank with low light plants so no co2. Jungle Val, Java fern (needle java fern). This is the best way to keep discus. Discus aren't to fond of co2. It's possible to keep them with co2 but you really have to be on top of things to keep them happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts