British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to Thank the guy at Richmond IPU with helping me get my chronic Water problem under control.

Before
110 G - 7" Arowana tank
Ph was <6 (using API test strip)
Nitrate = ~30 ppm
Nitrite =0 ~ppm
3ppm Ammonia
kH = 0
gH = 0
Temp = 30 C
Filtration = "160" GPI with combined setup

Was using pH neutral with every weekly (~50g) every water change to help control pH.

Was advised to do a water change, and add Stability for 4 days straight along with Alkalinity something (to increase kH) gradually over a few days.

CURRENTLY
My Ammonia has dropped to ~1 and i'm set to do another water change.

I also added a Ammonia removal media to the filter, Is this a good idea? I did this on my own just wondering if it like Activated carbon where its best used in some cases.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Just wanted to Thank the guy at Richmond IPU with helping me get my chronic Water problem under control.

Before
110 G - 7" Arowana tank
Ph was <6 (using API test strip)
Nitrate = ~30 ppm
Nitrite =0 ~ppm
Ammonia
kH = 0
gH = 0
Temp = 30 C
Filtration = "160" GPI with combined setup

Was using pH neutral with every weekly (~50g) every water change to help control pH.

Was advised to do a water change, and add Stability for 4 days straight along with Alkalinity something (to increase kH) gradually over a few days.

CURRENTLY
My Ammonia has dropped to ~1 and i'm set to do another water change.

I also added a Ammonia removal media to the filter, Is this a good idea? I did this on my own just wondering if it like Activated carbon where its best used in some cases.
Thanks for the compliments! Feedback is always appreciated! I posted on a thread last week some time regarding Fluval Zeo carb that will answer all your questions regarding ammonia removing substances. Sounds like your aquarium has improved! Make sure you are using salt or something similar to raise your KH as well, this is critical for optimal success!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts