Rotala sp mini butterfly type 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Not 100% but it looks like Myriophyllum Mattogrossense, the green version of Myriophyllum Tuberculatum.
Plants look great. You've got a lot of my favs.
In the pic the Rotala Mexicana Araguaia looks pretty big. Their crowns are no more than 2cm in diameter. A bit fussy to keep. I know I lost mine due to shade. Perhaps the plants in the pic are Ludwigia Inclinata Cuba? Those guys get pretty big, and they aren't super finicky to grow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a update of the new plants . I'm getting a bit of issues with new growth with the macaranda mini butterfly , and rotala ap mini type two . Both have shrivelled new growth. I'm thinking it's a iron issue, hard water issue, or lack of calcium since I have been doing 1/3 ro water. I have been putting extra iron without too much change, Next will be going back to full tap water , if that doesn't work then full ro with gh booster . The plant does well in my akadama spoil , so I was thinking it was a iron issue. Ummm

Monte Carlo doing very well

Steurogen especially purple is def a slow grower but doing well

Best hc growth without algae I have had in a while, probably due to ro water and me controlling frets better .

Alt mini doing better and taking off

Crazy growth of Mexicana aragouaia , it looks like aromatica

Fts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Yup I found butterfly and mini to be pretty tough to grow. They need pretty narrow parameters to do well. I'm really liking the S. Repens bush to the right.

·
Registered
31 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts