·
Registered
2,925 Posts
fyi there are baby fahakas at island pets in richmond for 50 bucks
they have a congo puffer too same price

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm not even going to look at any pet store till I have my tank and sump all up and running so I can leave the pet store with one.

I'm more so hoping I'll be able to rescue rather than buy one since all my fish I own are rescues and I kinda like the feeling you get from giving them a good home.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does Paddy try to eat those neons(?) you have in there? I just put a shoal of 20 white clouds in with Bubbles hoping they were too small for him to see as food. It has been a day and a half and he hasn't managed to catch one. When he lunges at them they school up and he gets confused and stops chasing. I am hoping they will eat all the crumbs he leaves behind.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have 30 neons he will eat slowly. in a well planted tank it seems to be no problems yet.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can a fahaka growth stunt in a well planted 180 . paddy has alot of room to still swim around butt i would say 30 our 40 percent of the tank is planted thou

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
i think paddy will be just fine dude. he seems to be very happy in your tank that you have!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I took out one of my big pieces of driftwood to give Homer more swimming room. Generally fahakas will not eat feeders because they are not piscavores. Also it bothers me when I hear a store has a bunch of babies in a tank for sale. Fahakas do not like each other at all. Homer is missing three quaters of his top fin from being kept in a tank with others at the lfs. Nevermind the fact that most people who walk into an lfs have no clue what to do with a fahaka.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Oh and Ben just looked at your signature. You will have better luck breeding your crays in a tank bigger than a 10g. I used to use a 20g with moderate success, now I got them all in a 55g and prob have close to 50 or so plus babies. What kind of crays you breeding?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
is anybodys fahaka being a fussy eater . all my puffer wants is clams . he will not touch prawns , crab legs. only clams its a good thing butt not cheap

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
bummer your in east van. in victoria i just go and dig my own from the beach.
Are you freezing them first? If not your running a risk of bringing parasites into your tank.

·
Registered
348 Posts
^^

Aside from that I was wondering if a "red tide" would affect the fish.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts