British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here' goes nothing, this is a thread that might be helpful for the "feng shuiers" on fishies.

I'll start!

Always keep 1 black fish because black fish absorbs the negative energy. If the black fish dies, it means that it has absorbed negative energy....or if it is replaced, and dies, check house......haha

·
Registered
41 Posts
My elephant nose going strong, and blackish featherfin syno cat doing good too! :D
any other balance insights? I cant stand seeing red swordtails and fuschia bettas in the same tank.. :p

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've got 5 bettas, and I realized the match pretty well with the 5 elements:
Enigma, Black (and blue) = Water
Pixel, Pale blue (we'll call him white for argument) = Metal
Marmaduke, Orange = Fire
Mango, Yellowish = Earth
Rosemary, Brownish = Wood

Plus, I try to have an odd number of animals in my room...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Does any one know the name of that red fish that Feng Shui practitioners like? My understanding is that it is goldfish, but someone disagreed with me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thing though that i've read is that red is bad...for some reason...and oragne is good? no idea

·
Registered
614 Posts
I thought red was lucky. It is the most prominent colour for Chinese new year. A gift of money is given in a red envelope. In fact my employer gives out a $1 lottery ticket to all employees in a red envelope every Chinese new year. I haven't won anything yet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
From what my Mom told me, it number of fish in the tank (larger ones) depends on your birthdate with one of them being a black fish.

·
Registered
496 Posts
And don't forget, an even number of fish, unless that number is 2 (representing marriage) or 8 (good luck) is associated with water... so an even number of fish in a tnak full of water will overbalance the water element.

And also, I thought white fihs represented bad luck? Hence the rarity of pure white goldfish before they became popular in North America/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts