British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A definite improvement from buckets . 50% change done in ~1hour

Santa , for Christmas :christmas_tree: I would love a :sweat_drops: water change fairy :eek:k_hand:

Attachments

Reactions: Dou

·
Registered
420 Posts
" . . . :christmas_tree: I would love a :sweat_drops: water change fairy :eek:k_hand: . . . "

----------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what this means. Translation please.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry - looks like emojis don't translate well . It's meant to say wish I had a water change fairy

As for the system -
I have to age my water for my Discus tank and unfortunately haven't purchased some 55g barrels .
So I use a 350gph fountain pump(with a hose clamped to the exit) to transfer from a small bucket in the sink to the two totes where it ages - it used to take hours for the small fountain pump to push the water from the totes up to the tank.

I have since upgraded to a 1/4hp sump pump and now push about 50 gallons in 2min

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,313 Posts
set up a drip system and never do them again

Reactions: The Guy

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The drip system is 100% what I will be implementing but I'm moving in less than 6months so didn't seem worth it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm so terrified of micro bubbles and their damaging effects - I tried safe from the tap but the amount of bubbles is ridiculous and my fish looked like they were covered in bubble wrap ... better safe than sorry

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use a 900 GPH water pump to change 80% of my 100 gallon tank 4x a week and just fill with a garden hose straight from the tap by using Seachem Safe. I've been doing this for years and I even did it during my discus growout contest with CAF.

What temperature is your tap water when you fill up your tank?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I do my Wc the exact same way as 2wheelsx2. It's important to me to also allow the water to splash a bit so I have the hose aimed at the glass. The bubbles are greatly decreased if you provide that additional agitation.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts