British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

The MOD team would like all BCA members' help to report any Mac &/or Phoenix sighting

7K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  target 
#1 ·
The MOD team would like all BCA members' help to report any Mac &/or Phoenix sighting

After giving the two trouble makers lots of (too many) opportunities to stay on the board if they can refrain from trolling, swearing, and otherwise causing more unnecessary drama, the team has come to the conclusion that this is simply an impossibility with these two. Mac (caddilac_jack was his latest fake screenname) and Joel/Phoenix (fire_eel was his latest incarnation) have created dozens of fake IDs in the past and have been banned each time. We gave them one last chance but after numerous complaints from BCA members, the decision has been made to admit it was a mistake to allow them to stay on the board as their presence is more disruptive than productive.

Therefore, we are taking the very unusual and unprecedented step of posting this thread and asking for your help (BCA members) to report any Mac or Joel sightings or communications. We know they probably already have several fake IDs already created since they knew that it was inevitable that their Cadillac Jack and Fire Eel screennames would eventually get banned. This is their MO. They will continue to plague this site out of spite, stubbornness and sheer desire to troll BCA. Countless times their posts had to be edited or deleted because of foul language or offensive language or other trolling behaviour. We cannot and will not continue to babysit such posters, so permabanning them is the only alternative.

We realize that some of you may be friends or at least have positive dealings with one or both posters. What we are asking and doing is for the good of the board. Members come here to relax and discuss fish-related topics with fellow addicts in peace and harmony. Having posters on here who like to troll and stir up ill feelings and cause trouble is NOT what the general membership wants or deserves. We do not expect them to "go quietly into the night" but to try to scratch and claw their way back somehow. They have had their last chances and they proved incapable of NOT stirring up trouble on BCA.

We thank you ahead of time for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

The MOD team

See less See more
#5 ·
Can't say I knew the full extent of the problems caused but I can imagine the extra time it would take on top of what you guys already donate in the sense of time to the bca forums. I feel as a community of good hearted enthusiasts we can move forward in a positive direction with hopefully lots of tank journals and pictures I think what drives interest here. Any how I have started a pond pics thread I hope it gains interest. I also look forward to making a journal about new lwanda breeding project. Maybe older members can post up stuff too even if its still the same it still an update and new to te newer members.

Cheers to the BCA! And it's mods and forum funders.

#20 ·
Hey guys. Thanks, good to be more active again. I kinda faded out for a bit, lost interest in my tank. Now, I'm back into it, getting set to start a SW reef in my 90. Once I finish a couple other projects I have on the go and get a chance to build a new stand for myself I'll be starting a tank journal.

My boys are doing good, getting so big. I've got my older one trying to convince my wife he needs a 65g tank in his room. So far she's not buying it. :rolleyes:

#18 ·
Thanks to the mods and admin for all the hard work. To be honest, I haven't been on the forum much due to a lot of the trolling and general negativity in some of the threads.
BAC used to be a thriving community where a lot of serious hobbyists would share tips and knowledge. The bs scared a lot of us away; I simply have no time or energy for that sort of thing.
Hopefully this is a step in the right direction to keep the site growing and being a tool for hobbyists new and old alike.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#19 ·
Air smells better in here already.

John no need to apologize, or take responsibility for other peoples inability to follow what should be and is common sense for the average person. I myself post on the edge sometimes but only for good reason usually(?) and I'm sure some people would like to see me banned, I know Joel threatened to get me banned once or twice in private messages although not sure as to why.

I myself had seen on a couple occasions where certain people who are the subject of this thread would make comments trying to bait John and other admins into saying stuff, sometimes they would modify their posts to attempt to look like they didn't try and stir the pot, sometimes they'd intentionally pretend as if they never said anything like that even though you could look up a couple posts earlier and see what triggered a admins response.

Thank you to the admins for putting up with all the cow manure that has been spread as of late, and look forward to a much calmer period to come.

Sometimes I wonder if they should bring back the lobotomy to calm some people down

#21 ·
no need to apologize John.. You are way more patient than me lol.

One thing that I don't get is why they keep doing this... they obviously like BCA ( otherwise, they would not create several IDs to be here) yet have no respect for BCA rules... maybe I'm just simple but I wouldn't even bother coming back to any forum if I hate it or get banned..

talking about getting banned, I will say this despite the risk of getting banned. I STILL don't like SJ sharks lol..

really good job Mods.. I always appriciate it.. Now I feel more comfortable to let Chantal read posts..

P.S. I hope the admin team will split cichlid section... I really like that idea.. I also understand that it's beyond Mods though:)

#22 ·
P.S. I hope the admin team will split cichlid section... I really like that idea.. I also understand that it's beyond Mods though:)
I've sent the request in :)

#24 ·
wow, a special thread just for two guys, they must be loving the attention....

I like the idea of not responding to ignorant posts, there have been so many times I have wanted to put my 2 cents in but refrained because you never know how someone will react to even an innocent comment.

Reactions: Diztrbd1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.