British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant find much info on these guys but they arrived a bit early so we were able to acclimate them tonight!
They arrived even better than the Cardinals! Unfortunately one gave birth on the way and the young will not survive but are they ever beautiful!

Photo below, Red Caridina shrimp.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
Those are some nice looking Goldflake Sulawesi's, Grant. I believe that they could be a population with little to no spangling on the body itself.

Pretty Sweet indeed!

Stuart

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are similar. The Juveniles had a lot more yellow at birth. I will take a look again and consider the name change. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Upon more review, the juveniles had a lot of yellow, nothing like I see on Planetinverts.com. Could be a cross of some sort. I will take another look at them today.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The goldflake shrimp is a color variation of this shrimp.

The common name for this shrimp is Yellow Nose Red Bee

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are both the same price at $16.99 and both species are still available. I am working on profile page signs for them as they can easily be missed walking by the aquarium!:)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Haha yeah, the cardinals are easy to miss if you don't know that they're there. So small and always hiding in the driftwood and whatnot.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha yeah, the cardinals are easy to miss if you don't know that they're there. So small and always hiding in the driftwood and whatnot.
Honestly, so far I find them to be fairly hardy. The Cardinals are all over the place munching away.
I remember when hobbyists had issues with Cherry shrimp, now they are breeding everywhere, including our systems!:)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Is the pic posted below a Cardinal shrimp or a Gold Flake Shrimp? I know Gold flake shrimps has more yellow bands and cardinal shrimps have blue dots all over their bodies.

Thanks,

I cant find much info on these guys but they arrived a bit early so we were able to acclimate them tonight!
They arrived even better than the Cardinals! Unfortunately one gave birth on the way and the young will not survive but are they ever beautiful!

Photo below, Red Caridina shrimp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts