British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking about adding my female Betta to my 20 gallons Long with 12 boraras brigittae and 12 pygmy cories. I'd add her last. any tips or advice?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Might not be the best idea, abit crowded for 24 nano fish in a 5 gallon+ a female betta, in a larger tank it should be fine depending on the female betta's temperament tho.

(Edit: nvm just realized you meant 20gallon not 20 litre, should be fine dependong on the betta)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Great...lots of real estate to work with. I just added a male betta with a group of otos, about 18 pygmys and a couple of odd corys and the tank still looks empty and he basically keeps to himself. I've had bettas that were really docile like my new one, and one that would hunt down and nip other tank mates until a feisty ram decided to teach him a lesson. So, it really depends on the personality of the betta. Until you really know what your future betta is like with other tank mates, just provide lots of ground cover for her tankmates until you feel that she can coexist peacefully in the tank.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I have two female Bettas in a 30g with neons, guppies, corys, and a few other small fish and there hasn't been a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts