British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 3 TSC x RTC =), i put them in the 190g square i have with my black pacu and they all got along and are all happily eating! I know i dont have a large enough tank but i was going to build a 315g indoor pond for just the pacu but im changing that to somewhere around 1000-1500g indoor pond and hoping to maybe sell 1 or 2 of the catfish in a year or two. Im feeding them all red rosies (a couple times a week), prawns(i just catch them and feed them raw and peeled), and cichlid pellets. My pacu has a different feed that includes lots of veggies. ahah i found that apples and carrots are his favorite as well as Kale xD.
Sorry for the no pics as its 11night. Post pics up tomorrow morning =).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heres the pictures, Tank isnt actually scratched (in some of the photos it looks like it) Its the lighting and me not wiping it down as the fish did splash from before.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
TSNxRTC can grow up to 2" per month in good conditions. I know you know youre tank is too small but heads up - they might need a bigger home sooner than you think.

On the bright side if you're willing to ship, I'll buy one off you ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:p, yeah i was thinking the same, i was hoping to build it around Feburary in a really large Glass Greenhouse so it would add a really nice tropical feel in it ;) I hope they can wait till then, it would probably only take a week to build cause i already have the materials and just need the pond lining =).

Cam your in luck, i have to go to vancouver around tuesday or wednesday cause im going to calgary to get a pup =) (Great pyrenees for the farm). Ill be in vancouver for a day or two and I can bring a tsnxrtc with me. If I brought one would you be willing to pick it up from Guildford? (im visiting my dad too =)) How much would you offer for one? Pm me?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unfortunately I'm 900 miles north of Guildford so it'd be a bit of a drive ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OMG Fort st john. you are far man, xD. Also i saw your 600g, yor tsn is awsome!!! quiet the handsome fellow ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
OMG Fort st john. you are far man, xD. Also i saw your 600g, yor tsn is awsome!!! quiet the handsome fellow ;)
Thanks! he's not so handsome nose on, as his upper lip is a big bent from his life before I adopted him, but he's handsome from the top and sides ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a Tiger shovelnose x Red tail catfish for about a year. Wonderful fish...tons of bad tempered personality. My guy grew to 12+ inches in one year and I started to fear for all my other fish. I saw him swallow a 10" rope fish in seconds...and could see him go for my others in time. That huge snout of his can open up and consume creatures 2/3rds his size.

Wanted to build an indoor pond for him too, but my wife said absolutely no way. I came away believing these guys are not for home aquariums...yeah unless you happen to have a 600 gallon maybe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahah, if i some how able to keep them, my moms going to buy a new home soon and i get to build my own on the property. It'll include a 1000g tank or 1500g. =) But at the moment im trying to sell them as parents are divorcing and they have nowhere to go...=( but if they dont get sold in time im not really sure what to do. I hope i can keep them though at a friends or something for a short time...=)

Yeah i was prepared to have them (hopefully) grow 5ft and one day get an arapaima shipped in! of course for the 1500g tank though =)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts