British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the problem:

I log in and click on NEW POSTS. Anywhere from a few to a hundred new posts will appear - depending, of course, how long it has been since i last logged in to view the forums.

So . . . I start viewing the NEW POSTS. However, if I leave the computer for a few minutes - call of nature, for example - and then return, I get automatically LOGGED OUT by the system. When I log in again I cannot return to where I left off. Clicking on NEW POSTS button gives me the message that there are no new posts since I last logged. Naturally, because there has been nothing new posted since i was AUTOMATICALLY logged out by the system only five minutes ago.

Does anyone have a work-a-round for this system issue. I really like the idea that there is the option button to bring up only new posts since my last visit . . . but the system's automatic logging out time period of "inactivity" is TOO SHORT. Is there a way for me to adjust my personal settings on BCA to have a longer waiting period BEFORE automatically logging me out? (That way, I can return to where I left off viewing the new posts and won't get automatically logged out so quickly.)

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
When you log in put a checkmark in the box that says "remember me" this should keep you logged in even when you have a time with no activity. If you have been away from the computer for a few minutes hit the refresh button to update the page. Remember to log out when your done if you want to, I leave myself logged in always.
Hope this works for you.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
First of all . . . Thanks for understanding what my issue was. :0)

And for the work-a-round to the auto logging off. I will check the REMEMBER ME box, as suggested.

UPDATE : I walked away from the computer for 10 minutes. When I came back, everything was exactly as I had left it . . . and I was not automatically logged out. Yay !!! The REMEMBER ME checkbox worked. :0)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.