British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right section or not so feel free to move it.

Anyways I was checking my Betta Tank this morning and to my horror I noticed every teenie tiny WHITE THINGS swimming in the tank! I have no idea what they are. One was hanging around a Marimo and another was just free swimming.

They are very very small. Are they water fleas? What should I do?

It is a 3 gallon tank with weekly water changes (1 to 1.5 gallons). The tank is planted with a temp of 80 degrees

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
614 Posts
They are probably copepods. They are harmless, feed the betta a little less every day and they will eventually disappear. BTW the betta will probably eat snack on them at some point.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Do you have any small shrimps in there like Cherry shrimps? the babies are very tiny and look like a white tiny spec that moves around.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've had these guys in my nano tanks. Sometime they would cover a significant portion of the glass. Put any small fish in there and they'll be delicious snacks. Harmless. Regular water changes, less feeding and they will likely disappear.

·
Registered
743 Posts
coepods in my shrimp tank were easily managed by a single guppy and there were lots.
root of the problem is overfeeding usually.
they should be harmless but they drove me nuts looking at them so I picked up a male guppy who got well fed for a week or two.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nice to have live food for your beta.

Probably reduce the normal feeding for a while to balance out things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts