British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Just wondering I am keeping SPS corals and a Bubble tip anemone in my 45G Bow..
Everything is doing great so far (the tank is pretty new) but i was just wondering something.
I tested my water parameters and they seemed pretty ideal
PH: 8.2
Alk: 10dKh
Calc: 420ppm
I dont yet have a test for Magnesium so i'm not sure what thats at yet but my question is if i keep changing the water once a week
will i ever really need to dose with those levels? Or as my corals grow larger and i acquire more is it likely that they would
deplete the levels in the tank faster then a week? I guess based on the fact that i don't know what my Mg levels are i may have to dose for that alone..

Thanks guys let me know what ya think..:bigsmile:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would get a Mg test kit and keep the alk, ca & mag steady, sounds like you stay on top of your levels. I would just dose manually with that size tank, I used to manual dose Mg, Ca & Alk with my RSM 66G tank. I did water changes every 2 weeks.
What lighting are you using and what salt?
I am using some 8000k LEDs supplemented with 442nm actinic blues and 660nm red leds and i use instant ocean salt mix.
Upgrading to 10000k whites is probobly my next project..

And sorry guys i meant i am keeping LPS in my tank.. thats what i get for posting at 3am lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.