British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To good home, healthy Giant Red Tail Gourami, it's about 10 inches. Please make sure you have a large tank and good filtration system. Sorry picture taken from my cell phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
i would assume that he's somewhat agressive? eats smaller fish??

i have a planted 90g, with 3 discus , some BN plec's, and a couple rasbora's

the gourami is welcome to move in, but i haven't had a chance to profile him yet.
We do have a 33 gallon gourami tank, so i am fimilare with gouramis. I just haven't keep one this large before

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
i would assume that he's somewhat agressive? eats smaller fish??

i have a planted 90g, with 3 discus , some BN plec's, and a couple rasbora's

the gourami is welcome to move in, but i haven't had a chance to profile him yet.
We do have a 33 gallon gourami tank, so i am fimilare with gouramis. I just haven't keep one this large before
Yes 90g is too small and will also eat those rasboras. They eat a lot too and it could be a problem when mixing them with discus. They become very aggressive when they get up to 15-18 inches or more.

·
Registered
141 Posts
so i hear 90 is too small,lol

fair enough, got a little excited, these guys are pretty kewl, i've seen them before, i thought about it more after i hit 'post quick reply' and realised that... well.. i should think more before reply'n

·
Registered
111 Posts
@ raindrop. Just to clarify for the benefit of interested parties, the gourami is being offered FF(for free) or FT(for trade). You should put FF or FT in the title of your post to prevent confusion.

·
Registered
400 Posts
nice fish bump bump.... would take this guy in a flash.... but my discus do not stand a chance... and my tank is to small to..... :(

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
nice fish bump bump.... would take this guy in a flash.... but my discus do not stand a chance... and my tank is to small to..... :(
I guest you didn't read my previous post. The fish is now in my 375g.

·
Registered
400 Posts
nmm... ya really did not read to closely... congrats on the new fish... it looks great... and the price was right... only if you could get discus for that price

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.