British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

To make it clear

14K views 97 replies 39 participants last post by  taureandragon76 
#1 ·
I got a pm this morning by one of the mods, seems like some members have been complaining of me getting free stuff. I just want everybody to know that everything i get i do keep, i also give stuff away and i sell too and i do buy a lot. I only reply on free stuff that i know i can use, i dont take if i dont need it.
This upset me a big deal cause people dont know anything about me to b judging me, i think there is a lot of people here that needs to grow up and stop crying cause u were slow enough no to get something free. I have always work something out when i got another member asking me to share split or what ever. I just want to thank all the members that have given me stuff and that i have bought from too, I also want to say sorry to the people i was going to grab FREE stuff from but for obvious reasons i decided not to take it anymore as this pm really got me.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Is also the way that things were said in the pm, i have nothing against the mod but it did hurt.
This is what i got...

Friendly suggestion...
Would you mind laying off on snapping up all the freebies posted on BCA? It's starting to annoy a lot of people (who then complain to us mods) & giving you a negative rep as a cheapskate who only wants free stuff all the time.

It's not a big deal but just letting you know that this "habit" of grabbing everything free offered here whether you actually need it or will use it is something frequently brought up (and not in a good way). I've noticed that people even "joke" about "where's Claudia" as soon as something free is posted since everyone knows you'll be swooping in to grab the free stuff, regardless of what it is. It may sound like good natured joking around, but having a rep as the BCA cheapskate is not really a great rep to have.

Sorry to be such a downer.

This is what i wrote back....
When i get something is because i need it or cause i could use it, i dont get stuff just cause is free, many times i have seen free stuff and i dont take it cause i dont need it. As for people complaining tell them to come to me, no one have an idea of my situation, i got asalted by my husband in novemeber 5 days later i got surgery, we almost didnt have a place to stay for xmas as i didnt have the money to pay rent i got so sick cause of stress and now i am living with 1700 a month doing everything by myself with my 3 kids so when i see soemthing free i take it and i also buy. I dont take a reputation as cheap or anything like that i have seen it as fast typer or something like that but oh well. I am gonna stop writing cause this is upsetting me and i am crying while typing.

Discussion starter · #20 ·
I have given free stuf, just cause i dont post it doesnt mean anything. I have help many people here, i have gone out of my way to pick stuff up for other members, i have help so many but i am not the type that i write oh i did this and i did that and yes i want this to continue cause i am blame for getting free stuff when sometimes no one wants them and memebrs are begging for somebody to take it

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Dont worry i dont need to get banned for telling what i think and for complaining on something think is not right i will go myself but i will say what i think cause i have freedom of speach

Discussion starter · #24 ·
For the record some free stuff has been taken when i actually get respnd from pms so i dont really get everything

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Oh no i dont want anybody splitting but i think this is a little bit stupid and really hurt me, I only have my income which is not much but i try to b still in the hobby as is something i do for myself. I dont apreciate people telling me what to do with the stuff i get either, (just got another pm) is the way things are say in the pm i guess but oh well. I will not take anything for free anymore and if anybody needs a list of stuff oi have done or gave away well let me know, i dont usually tell people what i do to help other people but if is necesary i will pm the info i guess

Discussion starter · #53 ·
like my name says I SAVE up!

ITS just fish! HAHAHA claudia has 5 FLAT screens TVS in her house so i recomment to be quiet!

WHO doesnt love free stuff my momma is good at her thing
STOP putting her down cuz she already have her own problems

I WOKE UP to my mom talking on the phone about this THIS IS STUPID ITS JUST FISH WHO GIVES A DAM!! my mom doesnt no i signed up for this soo dont blame her for having her 17 year old backing her up
u guys are wayy OLDER than ME soo grow up!!

and i always bug my mom how stupid it is to be on this website (not to be mean)
people here obviously see the beauty on fishes and i dont see that to mee their fish that live for a year ... to mee their just the pets every kid dont care about .. so i hope you see were im coming from

thank u veryy much!
OMG i think this is my daugther :eek:

Discussion starter · #62 ·
I could not agree more, and to help put this matter to rest I wanted to chime in about my experiences with you. I don't know if you remember this anymore Claudia, but back in Feb. of this year when I joined the board you were one of the first to greet me as well as offer FREE items (like moss for my crayfish which just hatched eggs) and GREAT ADVICE to help me get started.

You offered this to a complete stranger, which says much more than enough about your character. IMOO it's this sincere generosity that took this community to this level in the first place.

I hope that this BAD JUDGEMENT call begets some type of apology at the very least.
oh yes i remember u lol on the old forum :) I am glad u got that moss for your cray btw how r they doing?

Discussion starter · #64 ·
The point I was trying to make is that the Mods are supposed to lock down stuff that gets nasty not start it. In my humble opinion.

As for the noob jibe
No offense taken

A virtual noob. Lol
My point is that members are acting like kids, also that before u write stuff u should understand what u are reading cause u can have consequences. The problem also is that just cause i am a woman doent mean i am not gonna stand for myself, i think that the pm was bad the way was worded and i got a second one that i havent post but also didnt like it much. Mods are trying to do a job here and i do undertand but i am not gonna let someone tell me what to do or how to do it specially if i know i am not doing anything wrong.
I think i have the right to say what i think and what is bothering me and this is something i think was supposed to b shared and that why i post about it, i did try to b as polire as i could

Discussion starter · #65 ·
Why this thread should b close? that means we are not allow to say what we think? we are not saying bad words or posting XXX pics here

Discussion starter · #97 ·
I didnt make this thread to make mods look bad, Lisa and the mod that pm me are friends of mine (i consider them friends) but i made it cause this was point it direct to me and it wasnt one or 2 members that are complaining. I use to b a sponsor but i cant now i might b able to b in couple of month i dont know and just cause i am not a donator or a mod or what ever doesnt mean i am gonna keep this to myself when i think is really wrong, i brought this up cause it hurt me how people can b so mean they are just hurt cause they didnt get the free stuff or they just like to cry about things. I dont want this happening to anybody else, like i said before i dont keep on telling people what i do to help others i just do it and thats about it, i dont keep a record of it. This is the way i am if some people dont like it sorry but to bad i am not gonna change for anybody, i know i might b annoying, loud etc but this is Claudia

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.