British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

To make it clear

14K views 97 replies 39 participants last post by  taureandragon76 
Im sorry to hear this Claudia and I wish I could say something to make you feel better. If someone is giving away something for free, and you are the first to chime up - then sobeit!! If that person decides to give the stuff to you - then thats their decision!!!

For those who have issues about this, they either need to be more on the ball with posting to that person..or if its a "thats not fair" issue...then unfortunately some growing up needs to be done i think..

I find more and more that people have less compassion for others and dont think before speaking which is very hurtful. We are not all in a position that has a two income salary, has all the money in the world and thats why we gravatate towards things that are free or cheap. And for those who want to help others by giving away, thats awesome..so who it goes to - well who really cares..??

For those who have complained, I am quite disgusted really. We all love the hobby, and sometimes it can be very expensive. If we choose to look for free things, which I am always looking..why should that be critisized and tattle tailed on..

Im curious..did you get in trouble by the mod? I think this needs to be addressed in this open forum as I would like to hear what kind of trouble we will get into if we decide to post on the free stuff constantly..

JMO..

Dont worry Claudia, keep on as you have been doing and try to put this aside and not think about it - i know it will be hard for a few days, but we all dont think like this. I am still quite dismayed that this needed to be handled this way though..(through a PM from a mod)..

i have to say - this is rediculous..and if ibenu feels a need to embarrass and humiliate someone on this forum, i think thats sad, and very unprofessional. Your a mod and you are to be taking care of this forum. You are now picking on someone and feeling you are entitled to say this because you have the power to do so. That is not a mod as far as I am concerned. Could you please pick out all my pms' (which I know you can do) and all my messages to those who have had free stuff or trades..and let me know if I belong still on this forum? If i am banned I will gladly go, because i do not want to be part of a forum that outright bashes someone for something like this. We allllll give away and receive free stuff...isnt that WHAT this forum is all about - helping others? Please..help me to understand...

I wont do that - no offence, but I wont charge for something that can be used by someone who needs it..and i have no need for it and want to give it away.

To make it fair to everyone then, perhaps there should be no free stuff allowed in the classifieds. If it's free, there is a minimum charge, which is a donation to BCA. Then everyone wins right and we have a standing donation to BCA.

you dont need to justify yourself claudia..really..i think most people on here who know you are shaking their heads to this whole thing. I think the mods need to have a talk amongst themselves to figure this all out. To come down on you was wrong, and we all know that. :)

Now... im waiting for my PM :)

Since I have been also ranting - i also want to make a note that if anyone else was treated like this that I am sure this same convo amongst members would have happened..

the entire situation is uncalled for - regardless of who it is about..

just curious, who regulates the mods who are out of line? Or are they given free reign for them to do as they please regardless if its right or not?

just curious if it was the same mod as this time with Claudia?

i think the certain someone. & I use that refrence because I dont like pointing out individuals on the forum unlike some users I know :mad::mad:. But they should loose the title as a mod..it doesnt do any good. I was told not to post as much a while back .Now I dont post as much as I use to because of it. I enjoy being on the forum & i dont want to get booted off. so
thats my 2cents... :mad: very disapointed..

no offence, but a moderator has completely upset someone, and caused her family to become upset. If something affected me like this - and affected my child this way, i would EXPECT something to be done about it. NO one has the right to treat anyone this way - regardless of their TITLE.

and yes..my knickers are in a twist..i see this far too often that mods can get away with anything they please with no regulation from anyone. If this problem is swept under the carpet then something is wrong with this site.

I know, and I am sorry..but another email has been sent to claudia which is still inappropriate. It is up to Claudia whether or not she wishes to deal with that in an open forum as well. Unfortunately I dont think anyone is appropriate for questioning someone for taking free stuff (and asking when they are going to set it up or use it) - and thats what this is about. Especially coming from a moderator. That is inexcusable and even though a mod has power, he/she needs to know they are not above all of us individuals who are considered the "little" people. Without us the forum does not exist. I wont, however, sit by and watch as someone is hurt in this manner. I apologize if I have been unprofessional as well in these posts, hopefully i havent, but this just should NOT be allowed to happen. The mod responsible for giving Claudia the heads up (and then to tell her to lay off snapping up all the free stuff)...to let her know that people are complaining...should have told those complainers to deal with it. Instead he/she took it upon themselves to put Claudia to shame. He was disrespecful and if anything, an apology should be given to Claudia. I would like to say directly - how dare he question her intentions for what she has received.

Is this excuseable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.