British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 98 Posts
The point I was trying to make is that the Mods are supposed to lock down stuff that gets nasty not start it. In my humble opinion.

As for the noob jibe
No offense taken

A virtual noob. Lol

Discussion starter · #62 ·
I could not agree more, and to help put this matter to rest I wanted to chime in about my experiences with you. I don't know if you remember this anymore Claudia, but back in Feb. of this year when I joined the board you were one of the first to greet me as well as offer FREE items (like moss for my crayfish which just hatched eggs) and GREAT ADVICE to help me get started.

You offered this to a complete stranger, which says much more than enough about your character. IMOO it's this sincere generosity that took this community to this level in the first place.

I hope that this BAD JUDGEMENT call begets some type of apology at the very least.
oh yes i remember u lol on the old forum :) I am glad u got that moss for your cray btw how r they doing?

The point I was trying to make is that the Mods are supposed to lock down stuff that gets nasty not start it. In my humble opinion.

100% agree with this comment which of course will make the solution to this thread very interesting as it was a mod that started this but unfairly chastising Claudia so do the same mods then have the right to close a thread to stop the discusion on how unfairly Claudia has been treated?

Or, because it was one of the mods that started this, should this thread be allowed to run its natural course without any censorship?

Discussion starter · #64 ·

As for the noob jibe
No offense taken

A virtual noob. Lol
My point is that members are acting like kids, also that before u write stuff u should understand what u are reading cause u can have consequences. The problem also is that just cause i am a woman doent mean i am not gonna stand for myself, i think that the pm was bad the way was worded and i got a second one that i havent post but also didnt like it much. Mods are trying to do a job here and i do undertand but i am not gonna let someone tell me what to do or how to do it specially if i know i am not doing anything wrong.
I think i have the right to say what i think and what is bothering me and this is something i think was supposed to b shared and that why i post about it, i did try to b as polire as i could

Discussion starter · #65 ·
Why this thread should b close? that means we are not allow to say what we think? we are not saying bad words or posting XXX pics here

Gotta respond to pinkjell
Mods didn't mean this to go public or the pm to be taken the way it was . They do a very difficult job trying to please everyone all the time .. something that can't be done .
Occasionally, somethings can be taken the wrong way when an offense really wasn't intended.
I personally am glad to see this thread .. The forum has been far too tame for too long .. I'm glad to see a few of the passions of the pre-crash forum pop up here. It helps to clear the air a little .. stir people up . make complainers think a little before they pester mods with petty complaints , and maybe tweak the mods into trying to pleasing a little less and let controversies run, within reason ..
This is one of those threads that needs to run its course without the calls for anyones heads. Just maybe it'll make some take a second thought before making petty complaints that take up the mods time , and do need to be answered because they are a mod .. They have to take a complaint seriously when warranted .. tell the complainer to grow up when needed; but every complaint needs some kind of response or mods aren't doing their job .. They do it well, even if there is a misstep occasionally .. and those missteps can make for fun or infuriating threads ..it depends on your attitudes.

I know, and I am sorry..but another email has been sent to claudia which is still inappropriate. It is up to Claudia whether or not she wishes to deal with that in an open forum as well. Unfortunately I dont think anyone is appropriate for questioning someone for taking free stuff (and asking when they are going to set it up or use it) - and thats what this is about. Especially coming from a moderator. That is inexcusable and even though a mod has power, he/she needs to know they are not above all of us individuals who are considered the "little" people. Without us the forum does not exist. I wont, however, sit by and watch as someone is hurt in this manner. I apologize if I have been unprofessional as well in these posts, hopefully i havent, but this just should NOT be allowed to happen. The mod responsible for giving Claudia the heads up (and then to tell her to lay off snapping up all the free stuff)...to let her know that people are complaining...should have told those complainers to deal with it. Instead he/she took it upon themselves to put Claudia to shame. He was disrespecful and if anything, an apology should be given to Claudia. I would like to say directly - how dare he question her intentions for what she has received.

Is this excuseable?

IMHO, Complaints & concerns concerning moderators should be sent to one or both of the Administrators. It's their site after all. I've always found both to be extremely fair & easy to communicate with. LOL I'm sure they're already all over this one!! Unfortunately, at the end of the day, it's their site. How they deal with it will be up to them, not us. That's the ugly truth about it in a nut shell.
Cheers!!

like my name says I SAVE up!

ITS just fish! HAHAHA claudia has 5 FLAT screens TVS in her house so i recomment to be quiet!

WHO doesnt love free stuff my momma is good at her thing
STOP putting her down cuz she already have her own problems

I WOKE UP to my mom talking on the phone about this THIS IS STUPID ITS JUST FISH WHO GIVES A DAM!! my mom doesnt no i signed up for this soo dont blame her for having her 17 year old backing her up
u guys are wayy OLDER than ME soo grow up!!

and i always bug my mom how stupid it is to be on this website (not to be mean)
people here obviously see the beauty on fishes and i dont see that to mee their fish that live for a year ... to mee their just the pets every kid dont care about .. so i hope you see were im coming from

thank u veryy much!
This EMO-Rage doesn't even make sense I don't see how you expected it to accomplish anything.

Claudia - I see no problem with you accepting free stuffs, kudos to you for having room for it and giving so many pets good homes. If I were you I would post a "LF: Free stuffs" thread to piss off whoever was complaining to the mods initially :p

well well well....First thing I gotta say is that A mod sent Claudia a pm ( Private message)...stating some people are complaining.What should they do ? Ignor it ? Tell them to pound salt ? Go fly a kite ? No they send Claudia a private message asking her to kindly back off a bit . After all she does get a lot of free stuff ...why because she is on here a lot and like it or not she gets a lot of free stuff for being on the ball. Nothing wrong with that ....snooze ya loose type thing.
I think that the Mod that sent the pm to Claudia acted in the best way he ( yes he ...) could. By asking her to back off and allow some time for others to get a chance to score free stuff. After all she does a better chance of getting the free stuff as say school kids and working single parents among others.
I fail to see the problem here ....seriously !! I myself would of sent a few pms back and forth to the mod team NOT cut and paste part of the pm up on the sight.
Also we have ibenu coming on defending the mod and the reasons for the pm and copies a few posts....and makes a few comments.
Next thing you know shes being made out to look like a mean person using her Mod status as a reason to do so. And some of you even want her head to roll....LOL !! Sheesh for what ...sticking up for her fellow Mod. ??

Sheesh you guys....:eek:

WTF ....some of you recently have said the New site isn't like the old one ....well I got news for you !!!

ITS BAAAAAACK !!!......:p

The mod team has a tough job to do ........you can't please everyone all of the time.

Funny how they can be a hero one day and a looser the next here.....sorry but it shouldn't work that way.
I think that it sucks either way .....Lisa is a kind person doing a tough thankless job as are all the mods. Before you ask for her head maybe you should try the ole mod hat on and see how long it takes before you crash and burn!!!

Personally I think that if someone has a unfair advantage over the majority of the other members and takes advantage of that to there own gain then yes the mods should be able to speak up,(especialy if people are complaining.)
I love ya Claudia and so do the Mods !!( your just taking it too personal ) But really if I had bells a whistles goin off everytime a new post came up and and jumped on it every time with in a few minuets and got the goodies ...I woulds expect to have a few people bummed at me ......
LOL maybe they should ban you from aswering free adds with in the first 2 minuets :p.
We have to look at things from other perspectives now and then.... some times its very hard to do and accept.
There are reasons some give aways are to the 19th caller etc....:D

Go ahead beat me up for ny post :cool:....I can take it :)

I’m in no way going to take any side on this; there is enough of that going on already.

But… I’ve been a member of tons of forums, been a mod on a few, and ran my own forums before so I know what it’s like, and in my opinion this matter was very poorly handled. There are much better (polite, respectful and professional) ways this could have been dealt with.

as a member of the forum I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE ABOVE!! It is not because she got free stuff when I wanted it. It is because I think it should be spread around more so that all people get a chance at free stuff.

Since BCAquaria's new inception Claudia you have not posted ONE For Free item in the classifieds. So I'd say its a bit slanted towards you taking more than giving. You are not the only one on a fixed single income on these boards, and thus again, I feel it should be more shared.

As a mod I know the pm was a meant to be a gentle request to take MOST of the free things, rather share...

As a community member I know people feel obligated to give to the first person who PM's and you are right, they could choose not to, but at the cost of what? favouritism accusations? Pm's asking why they have not heard back when so and so pm'd first?

It is divisive of Claudia to post this publicly and as such, there will be people on both sides of the fence...

Claudia, do you want it to continue? I think you are a really neat lady, who while I do not know you very well, I respect as a large contributor to our community & forum, both for your knowledge, spirit, and sense of fun. I do not wish you to feel bashed, picked upon or singled out...

I, meaning just myself speaking here, do want you to be less of a tiger on the free stuff and share it more... No judgement included...
I am just curious to know if this is the moderator that slamed Claudia.. If it is , its an obvious abuse of power ,, sounds pretty childish to.. gees all those on craigs list I wonder if you would'nt mind not hogging all the free stuff... Power to you Claudia.. I personally know that you are the type of person that gives back what you can.
On a personal note.. if its listed for free then its up for grabs.

wow...this is one longer thread..and it took me quite some time to read through it..hope all is well with everything that happened. not gonna take sides...maybe people just had a bad day and made the wrong moves..yada. If more members post about taking a side..it might be like adding gas to the houses on fire.

To make it fair to everyone then, perhaps there should be no free stuff allowed in the classifieds. If it's free, there is a minimum charge, which is a donation to BCA. Then everyone wins right and we have a standing donation to BCA.
These type of comments are so childish,, "If the free stuff isn't shared equallly then we should ban it"
What a bunch of _____ childish controll freaks...

Even more power to you Claudia...

61 - 80 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.