British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 98 of 98 Posts
wow...this is one longer thread..and it took me quite some time to read through it..hope all is well with everything that happened. not gonna take sides...maybe people just had a bad day and made the wrong moves..yada. If more members post about taking a side..it might be like adding gas to the houses on fire.
VinnyD,

You are very wise, well done!

I personally think this has turned into a "vent" thread, I hope that we all go back to being friends tomorrow. I can see that Claudia wanted to clear up a few things about the complaints. I hope that those that complained will grow up. It is up to the giver as to who they give too. Claudia once drove from Coquitlam to Surrey to help my wife get some pictures of Bettas, when I was disabled due to a car accident. She helps others when needed a lot. I believe in Karma and think its being returned when she gets free stuff.

This forums is one of the best, evidence of this are the large number of out of province members. Please lets all forget about the negativity and divisions that have been created, and when the sun crawls out of bed in the morning, we all go back to being friends.

Steve

yup i have to agree with some , this has gone to far ! as do some things on this site !@!

i think everybody who wanted to speak on this matter , now has !! so lets move on guys ...

maybe move towards making this a more friendlier site ??

those who feel how they feel on this matter know who they are , and lets move on guys !@!

I don't know where this thread is going but it would be nice to hear from the people who have posted the original "complaints" to the mod.
In my opinion, the frequency to which a person gets free stuff over others is irrelevant. In this forum, it is somewhat the rule that the first person who replies to a for sale thread is the person who has the first shot at getting the item (or livestock) as a courtesy. It makes sense. If Claudia is faster than others at trying to get the free item, then why should there be a problem with that? Obviously the seller can at his/her discretion decide not to deal in that fashion and can sell to another preferred person, etc.. a person that is closer, that can pick up right away, whatever the reason.

If you don't want to deal with the "first poster" rule and feel obligated, then you can state "First Come First Serve" or say "I'll decide who I want to give it to, or sell to...".

We all like to get free stuff sometimes but we need to appreciate the fact that if someone else beats you to it, then you have nothing to complaint about.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry,......

Can't past this up without a post..my two cents :)
Free stuff to me means get it out of my house as soon as possible, so if someone can jump all over it, the power to them.

I would have to agree with Bill on most of the parts.

I know both Lisa (ibenu) and Claudia very well and both of them are VERY generous. Lisa is always there contributing to fellow members and giving away free stuff and knowledge. Claudia has also been a very generous member, I would say that Claudia is one of the gems of this community.

In this situation, I would support First Come First Serve Basis.

I am sure that the intent of the mod's PM was good, but unfortunately the wordings turned out to be a bit too harsh. If I may, I would advice the mods to review their wordings etc before sending out potentially conflicting things. If they feel that they can't, then seek help from fellow admins and mods. We have a great team of moderators here that do their best to keep this place as civilized as possible.

My final conclusion would be this:
1. For those who complained about Claudia to the mods: Keep your childish attitudes to yourself. If you really wanted it, you could have asked Claudia and she would have let you have it or shared with you.

2. For the mods: again, review the wordings before you send PMs like these.

3. For those who flamed mods (especially ibenu): Dont flame, unless you know the person well. If you dont know them or haven't dealt with them, its best to be neutral.

4. For Claudia: Ignore this whole event and be who you are. Dont worry about kids who run around complaining to the mods for silly stuff. You are a great person and you've contributed a lot to this community. I am sure that whomever complained is someone new to this forum as they dont know you. (I've dealt with some irritating kids in this forum too). Ignore it and be happy :D

5. For Lisa: Please dont take these comments to your heart. I know you meant well and were only trying to justify what the PM said. Nothing wrong with that, but the fact that the way the PM was worded is the main root cause of the problem here.

6. Note to self: Its best to keep quiet and not stick your nose into things :p

These type of comments are so childish,, "If the free stuff isn't shared equallly then we should ban it"
What a bunch of _____ childish controll freaks...
I'm confused as to how a suggestion on how to resolve the problem and promote the site becomes a childish comment and gets twisted to banning free stuff. Ah...I see, no donator banner. Carry on then......

I'm confused as to how a suggestion on how to resolve the problem and promote the site becomes a childish comment and gets twisted to banning free stuff. Ah...I see, no donator banner. Carry on then......
dude ? he used to be a sponser !! this is what im talking about ? this thread has become a stupid battle ? when are we gonna close it ???? :rolleyes::eek::eek::eek:

dude ? he used to be a sponser !! this is what im talking about ? this thread has become a stupid battle ? when are we gonna close it ???? :rolleyes::eek::eek::eek:
Sponsorships allow you to do business, dude. Donator don't receive anything other than a donator badge. That's the difference. He used to be sponsor to make money off the site.

You don't have to take my word for it. Read the classified rules for yourself:

"The classified section is for hobbyists ONLY. If you are a retailer you are not allowed to post in classifieds, you must sign up for a sponsorship. Similarly, if you are breeding stock on a regular basis and re-selling for a profit, this is considered a business and you are not allowed to post in the classifieds, you must sign up for sponsorship. "

You don't have to take my word for it. Read the classified rules for yourself:

"The classified section is for hobbyists ONLY. If you are a retailer you are not allowed to post in classifieds, you must sign up for a sponsorship. Similarly, if you are breeding stock on a regular basis and re-selling for a profit, this is considered a business and you are not allowed to post in the classifieds, you must sign up for sponsorship. "
WHATEVER .... ........ when is this thread gonna be closed ???? what a frigging joke , it has become !@! :cool:

well i didnt bother reading all the drama, but claudia has givin me free item before :D, she definately gives back, and deserves what ever she finds before us. it shouldnt be a big deal, no need to cry over it. if its an issue of who gets to it first who ever is giving items away can have a "draw" of some sort where we can pick a number inbetween 1-100 and the lucky number gets the item. lol

just found and read it..
i dont care whos right whos wrong..etc..all i want to say..is when i moved..and a group of people came to help me move tanks over..claudia was there. she worked for quite a few hours..drained..caught fish..helped setup again..and helped organize. she also helped with her great personality and fun she always adds.
dont stop posting claudia..and if i had something that i needed to get rid of..id offer it to you in a second. you never once asked me for a deal or discount..and were always there to help and you have picked up stuff from my shop to deliver to others .
so just be you..we all love you the way you are and your a huge part of the forum . always welcoming everyone..and making people feel at home.

Discussion starter · #97 ·
I didnt make this thread to make mods look bad, Lisa and the mod that pm me are friends of mine (i consider them friends) but i made it cause this was point it direct to me and it wasnt one or 2 members that are complaining. I use to b a sponsor but i cant now i might b able to b in couple of month i dont know and just cause i am not a donator or a mod or what ever doesnt mean i am gonna keep this to myself when i think is really wrong, i brought this up cause it hurt me how people can b so mean they are just hurt cause they didnt get the free stuff or they just like to cry about things. I dont want this happening to anybody else, like i said before i dont keep on telling people what i do to help others i just do it and thats about it, i dont keep a record of it. This is the way i am if some people dont like it sorry but to bad i am not gonna change for anybody, i know i might b annoying, loud etc but this is Claudia

81 - 98 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.