British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of fish arrived today! Come by and take a look! :) I should be back to work in the next week or two, so I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful faces again!

40 assorted large male guppies lg
25 black orchid male guppy lg
25 bristlenose plecos sm
10 disco dart/vampire crabs
50 black neon tetras xl
150 neon tetra lg
10 candycane tetra lg
50 cardinal tetra lg
20 glowlight tetra xl
25 serpae tetra lg
50 fire red cherry shrimp
10 gold severium md
15 silver hatchetfish
25 harlequin rasbora md
15 cremesicle molly lg
25 berlin red spot swordtails lg
6 leopard ctenopoma gourami
10 twin tail male betta
10 super delta male betta
2 fancy plakat male betta xl
9 green spot puffers
15 kribensis cichlid md
5 red head tapajo geophagus cichlid md
150 rosy red minnows

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard of candycane tetras but their online pics look cool. How much are these?
They're very cool! Remind me of bleeding hearts except they have cute little frosted tips :) I will e-mail the store and ask for the pricing and get back to you asap!

·
Registered
573 Posts
When is next order of long fins german/blue ram ? I looking for 2 or 3 pairs

·
Registered
410 Posts
How about some discus order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How about some discus order?

Yes some of those too :) not as many as usual, as it seems everyone's filled up their discus tanks and it took quite a while to sell down our last shipment (we may still have some).

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm starting a discus tank!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Anthony,

Worth a purchase. I've got about 35 of them and they school most of the time. They remind me of bleeding hearts , but I would prefer these guys. They color up nicely once they settle in and are feed with good foods. From my observations, they grow quickly as well. No fin nipping but it's neat to see them flare up against one another.

Never heard of candycane tetras but their online pics look cool. How much are these?

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Anthony,

Worth a purchase. I've got about 35 of them and they school most of the time. They remind me of bleeding hearts , but I would prefer these guys. They color up nicely once they settle in and are feed with good foods. From my observations, they grow quickly as well. No fin nipping but it's neat to see them flare up against one another.
Thanks for the info. Most of the fish I buy nowadays are for donating to one of the school tanks I set up so I have to stay within budget (4 tanks gets expensive to set up and stock). I'm also in the planning process of setting up a school African cichlid tank, so not sure if these beautiful tetras are affordable for me right now.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
No problem at all. I am sure Kim has a good price on these guys , but I did see petsmart have a decent deal going on too. 3.99 individual or 3.00 once u buy three + . I think a membership is needed. I'll gladly buy and donate a few if you like for the kiddies and their school tanks. PM if that works for you.

Thanks for the info. Most of the fish I buy nowadays are for donating to one of the school tanks I set up so I have to stay within budget (4 tanks gets expensive to set up and stock). I'm also in the planning process of setting up a school African cichlid tank, so not sure if these beautiful tetras are affordable for me right now.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ours are much more than petsmart and i have no idea how they can afford to charge way less than what we as a store pay for them at cost from our suppliers. it's kind of insane lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you going to have a BOGO deal anytime soon? And is discus included on that if ever you have one coming up?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm not sure but the next one is probably in the next month or two during a flyer sale, and generally the bogo deals are on the sunday of the weekend event :) it's for fish up to $25 regular price, but if it's more than $25 then what we do is take $25 off the second fish. i will post here when i know one is coming up :)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Wow I thought u guys would be around the same price point. Yeah who knows what they get them at.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i was able to find MUCH cheaper ones under a different name so the cost will be cut in half of what it is now :) if they ship they'll arrive next wednesday and i'll lower the cost for the remaining ones too

1 - 20 of 21 Posts