British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'll be speaking in Canada on planted tanks Sept 13th. The Seattle group is having me up, so the BC folks asked as well.

So you can laugh at me in person instead of conjuring up your own versions on line:D

Likely topic: Sustainability in planted tanks
I'll cover most major topics for folks with some insight in management mostly.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
OMG =) I didn't know plantbrain wuz Tom Barr!
So where is it going to be for your presentation?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
LOL! Sorry, you can call me an idiot if ya want, but I really haven't seen much of his post, especially when he's got 6 post count at the moment on this forum! LOL~
My bad i guess LOL~

·
Registered
278 Posts
I hope this is an open event. I would like to hear what he has to say. Any pointers at all would be beneficial to me :D

PS. Eternity, you need to broaden your horizons ;) Tom Barr has a lot of good information out there. Unfortunately for me, the more I read, the more I get confused lol

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I hope this is an open event. I would like to hear what he has to say. Any pointers at all would be beneficial to me :D

PS. Eternity, you need to broaden your horizons ;) Tom Barr has a lot of good information out there. Unfortunately for me, the more I read, the more I get confused lol
Broaden my horizon? LOL! I'm the one browsing the barr forum daily my friend and reading articles on that site! I am excited to know WHERE he's speaking.. scroll up a little and you'll see me asking! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Hey, that's great! Where will you be speaking on September 13th? I would love to go! I've found your posts here (before the forum crash) and on your own site extremely helpful.

I think I'll be speaking in Canada on planted tanks Sept 13th. The Seattle group is having me up, so the BC folks asked as well.

So you can laugh at me in person instead of conjuring up your own versions on line:D

Likely topic: Sustainability in planted tanks
I'll cover most major topics for folks with some insight in management mostly.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Does that mean Tom Barr will speak at the September VAHC meeting? I also would want to attend his presentation.

Best regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
:rolleyes: I think we can start our own BCA car pool soon, we're about to have enough for one car to get filled :D

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if we could lug our troublesome tanks along to the meeting, so he could diagnose them & write a few prescriptions...?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I can't wait. I just started going to VAHC meetings in the Spring, and they're well worth the trip. Highly recommend to all BCA members, even if it does mean riding the 19!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Lol, sure. BC Transit is accessible to everyone, even endlers.

You do know what's going to happen, though, don't you? We'll all come down with Multi-Tank Syndrome at the meeting. Sales of tanks, lights and plants will go through the roof.

:rolleyes: Can you bring mine as well? :D

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
LOL!!! Ever since I've been planting, and reading articles, getting help from everyone and roaming off the barr site... trust me... my pockets emptying out! And i'm sure the cops will soon raid my house for the electrical use of my lights.. im sure they're thinking i'm growing something else, HAHAHA!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
VAHC meeting is supposed to be on Sept. 1...unless they have changed the date for September .. Normal meetings are 1st Wednesday of the month.. Tom Barr may be speaking at the Victoria club meeting on Vancouver Island on that date .... He didn't say where he is speaking on the 13th; just in BC. I would hope he is coming to the VAHC, but the date isn't right . We definitely need some clarification .

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
VAHC meeting is supposed to be on Sept. 1...unless they have changed the date for September .. Normal meetings are 1st Wednesday of the month.. Tom Barr may be speaking at the Victoria club meeting on Vancouver Island on that date .... He didn't say where he is speaking on the 13th; just in BC. I would hope he is coming to the VAHC, but the date isn't right . We definitely need some clarification .
I was hoping, Dave. I PM'd him for clarification, so I hope Tom gets back to me.

Best Regards,

Stuart

1 - 20 of 21 Posts