British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
300 gallon pond with a Laguna filter and power flo pump. I see fish breeding in summers but never fry. And this winter a few perfectly healthy rosy minnows went head first into to plastic mesh surrounding pump...
Would like to somehow sink the pump into basin of some sort so that fry at minimum would have to swim in from above rather than sides and bottom as is now.
But don’t want it to be overly ugly being a tiny pond and visible, and don’t want to affect the ponds filtration more than necessary (sponge or mesh around the pump will clog too quick).
Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't know, maybe invert a plastic milk crate to trap the pump to the bottom, may modify the crate with a hole, of change the height to suit, weigh it down with a brick, or a potted lily? just a thot.

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,260 Posts
get a pond skimmer. water overflows into the skimmer and the pump is inside. you can add sponges and nets to the skimmer to prevent things from entering

Reactions: fireweed

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
get a pond skimmer. water overflows into the skimmer and the pump is inside. you can add sponges and nets to the skimmer to prevent things from entering
Great idea thanks. I didn’t know that was an option. I’ve used the aquarium version which worked indoors.👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts