British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, bought 12 tetras, now i'm down to 6 in less than 4 days.....

5 2" clowns
2 6" Uarus
1 Bumble Bee Catfish
6 panda corys
2 peppered corys

Who is taking these Tetras out?? Any Ideas??

P.S.

Did a full tank search, removing all rocks plants and objects

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm. But the funny thing is, is that the gold tetras and the black tetras are the ones that were picked off and the glolight ones I think they are called are the only ones that are surviving?

The girlfriend says that she sees the clows chasing the tetras.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would say your Uarus and loaches are the thieves. It happens here too. The worst always happen at night. I remember that one night I have lost more than 10 tetras. Then I get rid of the loaches, and the disappearance is lessened.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Disappearing, and the filter intake is the standard xp3, too small for the tetras, and the filter had no fishies in it either :)

If they are stealing the fish, what type of fish would you put in your tank for top swimming fish that won't get eaten?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
2wheel might have a point, i've noticed the bumble bee out more often and if the tetras sleep on the bottom of the tank, he might be munchin in the night.

Bumble Bee
"Social behavior: A seclusive predator that may consume fish up to 3" (8 cm) in length. This nocturnal species may disappear for long periods. Can be kept singly or in groups. "

And the bastard is looking bigger.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, i'mma look up the congos, thanks!!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
....... down the 5 mixed tetras, expensive one fish a day for the bumble bee... but he's getting huge!!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Hi Matt:

Male congo tectra is more vibrant in colour. I would get a group of 3 or 4.

Pink danio stay almost always near the op.

Rogers have both at great price.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Were they jumbo tetras, or the smaller ones? I had Jumbo ones I bought from IPU.

My loaches used to swim with the tetras and left them alone since they couldn't eat them. Look into the Congo tetras though, they definitely look bigger than your neon tetras do.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
....... down to 4 tetras and 5 Corys......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts