British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Updated 05.07 Pg.4 Planting HC emersed! Shrimps!

9K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  Scholz 
#1 · (Edited)

2010.03.06 Added water.

Beautiful HC

Too small I need a magnifying glass!

See less See more
#9 ·
I know!! Haha.... I am glad you bookmarked it but I don't think it will work now.. grrr.... look at us, we're back to being junior members?! Haha.. oh man, what about my 54 itrader 100%?

I need to take more photos, work has been really busy recently, HC is still growing though, had a little melting but then it started right away again after the transition! I will take photos tomorrow! :D

#8 ·
2010.04.11 Added water to tank today!

Tank was already cycled (water in the substrate when I didn't fill it up yet) plus I used old water from my 50G, just did a 20% water change on it and used it in this tank, the filter had been working on the 50G too for 5 weeks - since I started the emersed planting, so the water is all goood.... I also have excel dosing everyday for CO2, hope it is sufficient.

#30 ·
Thanks everyone, CRS are all doing great!

I attached my plants by super glue/crazy glue them to the wood and they still grow, I just attach a small part of a plant.

No dying off from immersion, was melting, but stopped melting and plants are spreading! :)
Cool. I was going to get some TA glue, but if crazy glue works, that's awesome. I'm assuming that the wood and plant has to be dried? I need to attaching some Anubias to a piece of wood and they've been coming off with my usual method (with pins).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.