British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I've made a second small DIY project for my 10 gallon fish tank. This time is a little Vietnamese style garden on top of my tank. All the moss and plants are real, except the lotus flowers which I made it out of clay (it took several attempts until I became satisfied with the look of the flowers). I also made the bridge from scratch.

At first I thought all the plants I was using would work well in aquaponic system, but turned out that they weren't, so I had to use another layer of foam to protect the roots of the plants. By the way, the fish tank is empty because I haven't had the time for it yet and I also put duck weed in. Once again thanks Jason and Tom for the duck weed.

I'm still new to this so all suggestion and criticism are welcome :)

Thank you.

Make sure your speakers are muted if you don't like to listen to foreign music ;)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Great work.Cant wait to see what you do inside the tank.I also don't mind the music.The bridge looks awesome.

Reactions: Saigon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@jagermelifter, I will definitely check it out.

@Jousters, thank you for your kind words. I will start working on my tank after the midterms :bigsmile:

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Very cool! Good work! I do have koi bettas! I have one beautiful one I've been saving and a few more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could not find a better solution, so I used two pieces of foams to keep the whole thing float on the water surface. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
447 Posts
That is awesome.How did you do that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Jousters. It's actually really easy to do. All I need is a tablet and a piece of transparent glass. I just put the tablet up-side-down and put it on top of my terrarium. Then I tape the glass 190 degree angle with the tablet. The reflection will make it looks like 3D. You can click this YouTube link if my explanation was clear

That is awesome.How did you do that?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks I will check it out.Your tank looks great.Jody

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Looks awesome. My own aquaponics system is less beautiful and is simply a drilled 2' cube with an Eheim canister filter pumping water from the koi pond up into the above pond aquaponics tank which then gravity feeds back into the koi pond. It is filled with a lot of hydroton as a growing and filter media and I use it to grow garden vegetables and herbs. Yours is definitely prettier

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you SeaHorse_Fanatic. I've always wanted to build my own aquaponics system like yours. I'm thinking about learning to make one in the near future.

Looks awesome. My own aquaponics system is less beautiful and is simply a drilled 2' cube with an Eheim canister filter pumping water from the koi pond up into the above pond aquaponics tank which then gravity feeds back into the koi pond. It is filled with a lot of hydroton as a growing and filter media and I use it to grow garden vegetables and herbs. Yours is definitely prettier

1 - 16 of 16 Posts