British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. this happened last nite! Lets not make this a long stork.. I use to keep monster fishes and then because of the recession last year, I gave up all 16 of my tanks but 3! Now I only got a 60 Gallon, a 29 gallon and a 5 gallon desktop tank!

So I've been working on my 60 Gallon tank for the last 2-3 months.. very well planted, i hardly bought any plants, i just grew them with some lights CO2, and some fertillizer! Anyways, my gf/wifey, she always trimmed the plants a little and always wanted to replant everything, she also explained to me how she wanted to replant before she went ahead. I definitely disagree on everything.. and since we did a water change last nite, she took on the challenge.

I can only say that now things are a disaster! it looks terrible, what would you do?!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW.. i didnt speak for 3 hours and just stared at mah dog! Didnt say anything, didnt look at my tank, didnt feed them for a day, and didn't even turn on the lights at all today!

I know it sounds silly, but that's seriously how upset I am! Not angry at her.. but I feel like 2-3 months of hard work just got flushed!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
after a good trimming it can take a few days to look good again...
on the other hand if it is that bad redo it to your liking.

·
Registered
126 Posts
that totally sucks buddy...

but...

"she also explained to me how she wanted to replant before she went ahead."

key words here. If i were explain to my bf what i wanted to do and i was told no, i would ask "why the heck not"...but not gone ahead with it and the tank would remain as it was...

besides, you can change it when she leaves the house for a sec & say that something was dying....;) or that us poor folks were begging for trimmings lol there's a few ppl looking for some in the classifieds.

chin up!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!
But it's not just trimmed.. it's REMODELED!!! completely weird! I can't even explain to you!
Now you guys got me thinking...

LF: YOUR DEAD FISH

"sorry hunnie... found a bunch of dead fish in there when i came home.. that's why i had to move things around to clean"

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Thanks guys!
But it's not just trimmed.. it's REMODELED!!! completely weird! I can't even explain to you!
Now you guys got me thinking...

LF: YOUR DEAD FISH

"sorry hunnie... found a bunch of dead fish in there when i came home.. that's why i had to move things around to clean"
now you on the right track...=)

·
Registered
126 Posts
lmao
now youre talkin!!

& give her the ol' "see what happens when we dont do things my way?" speech lol

yea...im on to you men....

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered some new coralife double t5 fixtures!
And bought some neutral ph 7
and bought another akaline buffer
and some crushed coral

now I want to buy some more black gravel to add in, and buy a bit more driftwood...
just to cheer myself up!

Cuz even though everything's there.. i'm seriously seriously upset! Like.... gawddd... anyone ever felt like taht?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
when ever i fight with wife i head to the LFS.
always makes me feel better.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want a 180gallon bow front! But i got no room for it at all!

I dunno.. i'm waiting for my lights to get here, should be dis week.. ordered it on big als!
Hopefully when that comes in, I'll cheer up!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts