1 x Eheim 2215
All low flow
DIY CO2
No carbon, have 2 small bags of crushed corals and bio media in eheim
PH 7
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0

Haven't checked nitrate and GH KH!

But doesn't matter! I don't want to state where I got this fish, but I finally found one true emperor tetra to add to the aquarium.. it had ich.. my bad, I dun blame anyone because I should of quarantined first! Anyways, after I noticed there wuz ich, i wuz like umm.. oh wellz, it's been there for hours, it would spread anyways, BUT, it did spread, for over 2 weeks I've been battling this! Over and over my fish recovers one day, gets it the next day or two! Then fin rot started appearing... they all eat and swim healthy.. until tonight, came home to a dead Angel Fish.. one of my wifey's favourite fish!

I have to get this cured.. its way too depressing!

My ONLY worries is, I tried bumping temperature to 82 and 84! I've check parameters every 2 days and no problem...! I tried adding aquarium salt! I NEVER had an ich problem like this, but this is CONSTANTLY coming back nonstop!!
I need something safe with plants, and safe with my two filter shrimps!!!
I'm seriously going insane, and the only thing i have is Sera Omnipur, and it already says it's not safe for plants!
Sure it might ruin my plants a littler, But it won't kill it will it?
And is it even safe for shrimps?

=( please someone... i'm horiffied!!!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dun mind picking that up! =( so upset so upset!

But i'm asking if there's a solution to this RIGHT NOW, is Omnipur safe or not? and how bad it'll damage my plants!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
READ! Speaks nothing of Shrimp safe~ (or i missed it?)
I didn't see anything in regards of shrimp!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Can you move your shrimps into another tank?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All other tanks occupied with carnivours! =( oscar and convicts would devoured them into shreds!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
How many do you have? Would a cheap 10G hospital tank host them?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just 2 filter shrimps! I have a bowl, I'm about to just dump them into! So anyon suggestions on omnipur?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Hi Eternity302, I have never had to deal with ich and so I don't know omnipur, but I have built up a bit of a pharmacy, including some meds that treat ich. If someone here can tell you which med is safe for your shrimp and tetras, I can give you some if I have it. I have Quick Cure, Parasite Clear and Para Guard, among others. But I don't have the expertise to tell you what would work for you. If you figure out what you need and you don't have it yourself, send me a PM.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't thank u more than enuff for the offer! But since I have a day off tomorrow, I will definitely chek out IPU since they're two blocks away only!
And since no one can tell me, I can only take my chances a try it out tomorrow! At least after I test it, I will know further in the future!

Thanku so much

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well.. since I got no choice... i'll take one last picture of my plant tank before i dose! =( I've been warned that it wont be too pretty! reason being, medication will have a chance of damaging my plants and coloring them up! But i think it's worth my fishes lives right now!

Before I start medication tonight (becuz i wuz recommended it's best with lights off), I will continue dosing my plants throughout the process, i'll also be fishing out my filter shrimps (why do i care so much right? cuz they just shed not too long ago, and they turned bright orange) =( and i guess the process will begin soon~ if anyone cares.. i'll let you know how the API Quick Cure power tablets work! Will only be doing half dosage as i forgot that I do have a yoyo loach and a dwarf loach!

·
Registered
65 Posts
don;t forget the water changes ,and redosing of meds. i have used paraguard in my planted ,without any problems, doesn;t seem to cause any, filter , water , or plant issues ...imo..chillin

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hey eternity302

I hope that things are going to work out with your plants and your fish pull through. I am unsure about the plants but with the super ich cure but I know about the invertabrets will not do to well. I was just at Fraser aquarium today and the guy told me to do half dosage one day, wait 2 days another. And he added to do another half dosage 7 days after the second one. I have started doing my tank tonight as well, at half dosage. Well I hope everything goes well. I will let you know how the liquid works and tell me your expirience with the tablets.

Best of luck

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks OCD, I am doing half dosage aswell, 3 tablets for 30 gallons of water in a 60 gallon tank, reason being, it'll be easier on the plants, and COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN that i have a yoyo loach and a dwarf loach! I started dosing when lights were out, as they say it's better! Thanks for the update on yours as well, and I wish you best of luck too! We'll know in 4 days!

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
A UV sterilizer is a solution to it currently, they are cheap and work effective. Keep in mind you cannot kill the ich that are attached to your fish already. The UV sterilizer will kill the free floating ich which are the ones you want to worry about.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I have had ich. I use "Kordon's Ich Attack". It is organic and when I used it, it was safe for all my shrimp and all my plants. I didn't loose anything.
Thanks.. i'll keep that in mind!

And as for the UV Sterillizer.. already talking to jiang604 about his used one! =)

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
x2 for UV... Just installed mine two weeks ago pre-filter.

Had ick once when I first started, never want to have it again. Organic sounds like a good way, IF it's effective. I tried some organic algae remover, it didn't do anything but add fungus.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts