British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my beta for maybe around 8-9 months and he has never had any health issues in the past. A few days ago, I started to notice he was looking a little wider but I thought maybe he was simply growing and I was seeing him from a different angle. Today I came home from work to see him looking pale (which is major considering he is a beautiful black betta). He is starting to turn grey and upon looking I noticed his scales are a bit puffed out but he isn’t swollen that I can see. He is a narrow fish which is what made me notice the slight puff. I thought he was always sleeping when I would come home since it was always late and dark. Recently he will only stay at the bottom of the tank and not swim up, often shifting to lay on his side. His fins work fine when he does choose to move and I have not seen him eat. I have read a few things about dropsy and varying things but I am unsure with this being my first betta and I am very caught off guard. If anyone can please offer any advice or answers on what I can do for him I would be beyond grateful. My little buddy Onyx means a lot to me and I want him to have a full life.
I have given him a little bath in with epsom salt they way I was supposed to and removed all of his tank items, cleaned the tank and heater, and performed a water change. I also had put bits of peas in there as recommended while he’s recovering
Water Fluid Dog breed Dog Liquid
Water Azure Sky Tail Wing
Organism Fish Red Fin Tail

1 - 1 of 1 Posts