British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I thought I ask you guys instead of reading those attractions and stuff on the net! I'm sure most of you have been to Victoria, I just thought I ask what's there to do? My ladies bday is coming up, and she doesn't want to do something crazy, so it's going to be a good getaway for a day so we won't get dragged into drinking parties and come home all drunk! So what's there to do in Victoria for one day?
Any good food or anything? I heard something about a zoo? :rolleyes:
Or maybe a fish store... oh wait... it's her bday.. not mine.. LOL... so where should I go or what should I do?

·
Registered
318 Posts
lol..well...heres wut i like to do in Victoria..go to downtown Victoria..kinda like the Harbour...
1) the royal BC museum...will take a few hours at moderate speed to check it out
2) the wax museum...takes like 30-40 minutes to walk thru
3) parliament building
4)walk through the empress hotel...maybe have high tea
5) think theres miniature world....and butterfly world(sorry haven't been to both)
6) theres the underwater world thing(haven't been too)
7)walk around the area or to the mall there..theres streets there that reminds me of commercial drive or gastown..lol

places not in harbour/downtown area:
1)Craigdarroch castle(well..more like a mansion..and it is like 10-15 minutes on vehicle to get there)
2)buchart garden...lotsa flowers haha
3) visit chinatown(hey..i am asian..i do such things haha)
4) think theres "marker one" or something like that..for trans canada highway start point

hope this helps...have fun!...oh btw u can check out the victoria website for more info

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you go. Take the floating plane (harbour air) from the flying beaver on the south terminal. And then take the ferry back! The flight itself will be exciting!

If I was on the island, I'd go fishing or go oyster clamming, go for a walk along Long Beach near tofino.
long beach and tofino...its really beautiful and relaxing..well the last time i went..haha..oyster picking/harvesting/digging..also nice and fun(well maybe not to the oyster)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Go to miniature world if it is still open, it's been 7 years since I was there, lots of cool stuff there though. The wax place is a must. As for the empress I've stayed there twice....really nice place, the hotel that is, not the rooms. Just go walk around the hotel or inside, the yards are very well kept. I think if you just go down to the harbour area and look around there will be more than enough to do. Everything is really close to eachother. Also you should go on that horse ride thing...the one were you sit in a buggy and they take you around. I've never been but it looks cool.:)

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
we went whale watching out of victoria a while back
the tour company was named Eagle Wing tours and i would highly recommend spending the extra 20 bucks or whatever it was to go with them instead of the other companies, the boat was one of those miami vice style catamarans with 2x 300hp mercury outboards on the back, we were doing 55 nautical miles/hr on the way out to the whales it was awesome, and then they dropped a microphone in the water to play the whales calls out over the boat's sound system. saw 2 pods of killer whales and a gray whale and some bald eagles. also since this boat is much smaller than most of the other ones there the tours are much more personal.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the ideas!
And i just wrote Victoria island cuz I always call it "the island" like the rest! LoL!

Anyways, thanks for the recommendations... but the lady is young.. i'm seriously not sure if she'll enjoy what "we"/"fish people" would enjoy! LOL!
I'm pretty sure I'll take a walk at miniature world, but anyone know about the zoo?
And I want to go to this oyster restaurant people were mentioning... but unfortunately... she hates oysters... sigh....~

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunately it's only one day! Early there, and nite back!

And Seahorse Fanatic, hahahahaha, you just made me laugh so hard!! HAHAHA!!! It somehow sounded like my neice was here telling me that! She definitely luvs her reindeers HAHAA!!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ahhh... Thanks Gary! I doubt she's interested in museums!
But any place good to eat? =) sure she'll appreciate some good food!

·
Registered
8,717 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Please tell me it ain't expensive! LOL! I'm super broke!
Bills to pay, 4 vehicles to pay, mom's bday, gf's bday, sister's bday, and two days ago wuz managers bday.... i am the biggest broke ^&* you can know at the moment LOL!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts