British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I need some suggestion to build a nice 20/30 gallon Patio/Balcony pond.

The ones for sale locally are from 300-400 , and online 200-300 just for the pond ,and of course I need to buy pump/light etc.

I was wondering if I could do a DIY ,and build something myself :)

Really appreciate your input , I will document everything here with pictures ,and instructions so everyone could use it later on.

Thanks,
Arash

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,311 Posts
of course use a bucket that you like or a crate and use pond liner either way should cost much. the picture doesn't use a pump but you could

Reactions: arash53

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Here's a pond built for me a few years ago by gklaw of this forum. It is marine grade plywood with a rubber liner, and has wheels. I added a cage on top to keep the raccoons out. This year two goldfish and some rosey minnows survived the winter.

pond tub.jpg 2015 garden 001 pond.jpg 2015 garden 002 pond.jpg

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here's a pond built for me a few years ago by gklaw of this forum. It is marine grade plywood with a rubber liner, and has wheels. I added a cage on top to keep the raccoons out. This year two goldfish and some rosey minnows survived the winter.

View attachment 174241 View attachment 174249 View attachment 174257
Great Thank you,but I don't have tools/space ,and skills to build the frame , need to find something ready :) like barrel , flower pod tub etc.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If you don't have to worry about predators, I love the smaller Rubbermaid stock tanks. Great surface area for goldfish, but likely not deep enough to over winter. I use them to grow out juvie goldfish indoors.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you don't have to worry about predators, I love the smaller Rubbermaid stock tanks. Great surface area for goldfish, but likely not deep enough to over winter. I use them to grow out juvie goldfish indoors.

Thank you for sharing that!

It's going to be in my balcony so no predators (did see seagulls around),but I have limited space I would say the maximum of 32" x 32".

It was also kinda expensive in Amazon Canada 207CAD

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Peak season! I picked mine up over the winter for less than $100 Cdn each, delivered. I have an extra tub if you can find the room.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
There's a ton of youtube videos for diy patio ponds, just find one in the size that you like. This looks promising, too:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you April I'll check them out for sure ،do you know if they have website or I have to go there to see what they have?
The mill store in chilliwack has lots
Of sizes of rubber
Aid or tuff totes. Round, oval, etc. Good prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 59 Posts