British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Personally, I would think it inappropriate to put any GOLDFISH in this arrangement, arash53, due to the bowl's size and amount of foliage. It would seem to me to be akin to permanently keeping a Betta in one of those display containers in which they are sold in stores. A fish would "live" in either type of container, I suppose, if that were the only concern. But will it thrive?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
They have thrived in my experience. A 30g container with 2 fish is 15 gallons per fish. That is plenty for a medium sized goldfish.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I didn't have enough room to buy that 35 gallons pond, this is only 12 gallons so I think the safe bet is to stick with Rosy red minnows or something similar size that could survive in Vancouver's winter, I probably put a hiter in winter.

I took sponge from one of my stablished tank in the filter and added a small bottle of beneficial bacteria , I think I am able to add fish next weekend.

Still open to suggestions about the fish.

What kinds of bottom plants I could add that survive with just outside lights?
They have thrived in my experience. A 30g container with 2 fish is 15 gallons per fish. That is plenty for a medium sized goldfish.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
My comments were based on the fact that I thought arash53's "pond" was much smaller than 30 gallons AND that outdoor fish should have an amount of natural daylight if at all possible because there will be no artificial light provided (as would be found on an indoor aquarium).

Just my opinion. I know there are plenty of fish in the rivers, lakes, and oceans that never see the light of day! :)

41 - 59 of 59 Posts