British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, when April sells you a fish and tells you that it will color up in a week or two.....BELIEVE HER!!!!!

Here's my female red cover throwback who spawned again last night (third time in two weeks!).

I'm really sorry the glass is so dirty.....I never seem to notice until AFTER I take pictures !!

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Wow..I normally don't like red fish but that one is very cool. What is it? Since I'm discus n00b and while we're on the topic, what's in the last pic behind and in front (to the left of the pic) and also the one in the lower right corner of the pic? Blue Diamond and red spotted green?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Very nice looking discus. I love the blue halo as well. Looks like the rest of your collection is pretty nice as well.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow..I normally don't like red fish but that one is very cool. What is it? Since I'm discus n00b and while we're on the topic, what's in the last pic behind and in front (to the left of the pic) and also the one in the lower right corner of the pic? Blue Diamond and red spotted green?
Somebody's been reading up on their discus....perhaps in preparation of something??!!! ;)
Am not sure what "the old man" is - the blue one on the left of the red. It's the only one I wanted from the group that April and I picked up from McBride. But I'm pretty sure you're correct. And you are absolutely right on with the red spotted green. I picked up two from the first ones Charles brought in and they are simply amazing fish - really glad I got them. The red is what's called a "red cover throwback".

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice looking discus. I love the blue halo as well. Looks like the rest of your collection is pretty nice as well.
Thanks! It's quite the mish mash of domestics and wilds, but seems to work! Am planning on moving the domestics to their own tank in my bedroom. Yeah, like I need yet ANOTHER excuse to not get out of bed in the morning!!!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
The blue one could also be a blue sapphire. They are a little more metallic looking than the blue diamonds.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Thanks! It's quite the mish mash of domestics and wilds, but seems to work! Am planning on moving the domestics to their own tank in my bedroom. Yeah, like I need yet ANOTHER excuse to not get out of bed in the morning!!!
HAHA, it would be tough to get up. I am going to try for a tank in the bedroom in our new place. See how that goes over. :rolleyes: Might just have to settle for the bigger tank in the basement.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts