British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:DWANTED MEAT GRINDER...ASAP, I am making a beef heart recipe for my fish and need to buy or borrow an old fashioned meat grinder. PREFER TO PICK UP BETWEEN MAPLE RIDGE AND LOUGHEED MALL. PLEASE PM ME, THANKS IN ADVANCE:)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Aa haa Did I getcha goin on that? I found a magic bullet to be effective for small batches.. Most second hand/thrift have them (if you dont find the old fashioned one that is)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OKAY OKAY caught me red handed, lol :rolleyes:Have all the ingredients and tried using my blender but it wont do. The beef heart is already ground up from my supplier but the rest has to be ground up with it and blender wont due. Will need a meat grinder. Need one ASAP as I dont want the food to go bad. ANY ONE please call me 778-839-3556

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think your supposed to freeze meat and thaw it to process and them ref-freeze it. I found a food processor on sale at London drugs and will try that. None of the thrift shops had any meat grinders. Never find what you need until you dont need something and then there everywhere. LOL

·
Registered
485 Posts
Where did you buy ground beef heart and was it ground really fine?

·
Registered
773 Posts
i used to use my cheap old food processor to grind up my steaks into ground. (I hate gristle in my burger lol) The blender needs liquid to move the food where as the processor needs nothing.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Doh! I have one and I'm in Pitt Meadows, so if the food processor doesn't work let me know, I can let you borrow it. Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Lisa; I ordered it in fresh from an organic meat store in Maple Ridge and they ground it up for me, although they were a little reluctant until I reminded them of just how many Bison Femurs I buy from them each month for my 2 shep/rotti's. I'm not sure yet how fine it is but they trimmed all the fat off.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I didn't mean that cheap. lol did you do it on pulse or run it strait?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Both, but it is a very sticky mess, like peanut butter. I rolled it out on a large tray about 1/4 inch thick between wax paper and put it in the freezer. When its a little frozen I will take it out and score it into 1/4 inch pieces and put it back in the freezer until solid. Then break it into pieces and bag it. Have another container in the fridge and will do the same with it tommorow. Probably have 4 lbs of this stuff. Hope the fish like it. They better cause it's all their going to get for the next few days.....LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts