British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have a trailer. I spoke to a friend in construction and who also used to sell modular homes, who ALSO used to keep large aquariums... that 90g is my biggest size to be doing this safely. I trust his judgement, so I didnt ask how far apart they were, or what they are made of.

It was suggested that I go under the house and reinforce this, but the belly bag of the house is intact, and I dont want to be going in and messing with it. The intact-ness of our home is what scored us a 25 year mortgage on it, as opposed to the proposed 14 year that the age of our home would normally give us. I do not want to get too technical about getting a tank in, because we are going to sell in 5 years, and if it stays intact, the sale will be easier, as the new owners will be likely to get a longer mortgage too.

Its not all about the weight either, its how much space in my living room I have. This is why im leaning towards a cube tank as well.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
I will PM him thanks. I didnt know if he was still in business becaue the threads seem to point towards not...
I believe that you are right, as he's too busy with his mortgage business right now. Wouldn't hurt to ask though.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts