British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
That is crazy! What a pig. You'd think they'd gobble up the tetra's or barb's, whatever they were, first. Much easier to digest......

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wish I didn't watch that; I never want to see an animal suffer (I know, that's nature) and that tank is filthy and cramped. The fish deserve better.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I wish I didn't watch that; I never want to see an animal suffer (I know, that's nature) and that tank is filthy and cramped. The fish deserve better.
I know some one will bring this up, however that tank is feeding tank; Asterophysus Batrachus only there to feed once feeding is done they will be moved back to their main tank. (Be mentioned in the comment below.)

·
Registered
208 Posts
1. Moving fish back and forth is not the best animal husbandy because it causes undue stress on the fish.
2. Exposing fish to differing water parameters (main tank vs. feeder tank) causes undue stress.
3. Keeping feeders in poor conditions isn't humane, and potentially exposes your catfish (who eats the feeders) to pathogens and bacteria that might make it ill.

You need to be mindful of these things.

It's probably best for the health of your catfish to just feed it in the main tank. I recognize they are messy eaters but I'm assuming you have adequate filtration.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts