British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been investigating into a situation where you post a reply or a thread and then a number times after that 2-100 the website will reload on and on and on. It does not seem to be happening for everyone but enough people it seems to be a issue.

There is a seperate thread regarding those issues here:
http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/prob.../problem-bca-page-upload-after-posting-18202/

I believe it has something to do with the comet chat and for the time being i will be monitoring if that's the problem, if so then i will need to update it to the latest version as i noticed there is a update.

Please let me know if you have been having issues and they have now stopped . This would be a strange situation if this IS the problem because of the fact we have been running it for 8 months or so and have never had a issue so i'm not sure why it would start now, so i guess we wait and see.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Was loading ok several times for me viewing threads just now... and then stalled when I hit "reply"... so weird!

Thank you for looking into this!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Ive had it once here and there after updating a thread with a video and going back to it, it would reload over and over again. Just restarted browser and it was fine, no biggie.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I've been having the problem for a while and I had it again tonight with a post in the classifieds. So if you've tweaked today, it didn't fix the problem (for me).

Thanks a lot for looking into this.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I have noticed that (from a wireless laptop), but it lasts several seconds so from a user perspective, not a big deal.
For me it often lasts for 30 seconds or so, and I've had it last for over a minute. At that point it gets really annoying.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok all I needed to know is if it stopped which it has not apparantly. Thx guys

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hey I'm getting the same reload on my end here also, after i posted a reply, and went back to the main page the bottom tab where the chat is and who's online started to dissappear and come back several times, then the whole page would do the same..

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys, so i suppose it`s not the chat bar as the issue continues, i have asked some other people more into vbulletin and awaiting some reply`s.

·
Registered
55 Posts
reloads

I just logged on first the first time in a long time & it continuously reloaded for approx a minute until it would allow me to view anything.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have disabled the banner ad rotation this morning to further diagnose the issue. Can anyone tell me if it happens to them after this point please.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Still seems to be doing it Shawn. This isn't a consistent problem with my PC. sometimes it does it , other times it doesn't. Here lately I notice it more so, with posting replies than anything. Whenever it does it to me, I just click "Todays Post" (which is on my bookmark toolbar) after a few load attempts and the post usually goes thru. But so you know it is definitely still doing it, atleast on my pc it is

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well it seems less and less that i have the knowledge or troubleshooting experience to diagnose what seems to be a vbulletin php issue. That and another issue i've had for a while, i have submitted a quote for a company to resolved the issue.. see how many hundreds they charge me lol

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Thanks for all your efforts Shawn.

For the last test, sorry to report that it went bananas again on a post I just made a minute ago. 50 tries or so before it settled down.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts